Thread: ATK Stopped working

New User

ATK Stopped working

I've been using my new Apex ATK ATO for 2 weeks, flawlessly I might add. Noticed today the water level in my sump was 2.0" below normal, well below the sensor. Double checked my Apex and its set to AUTO, checked and cleaned sensors, pump etc. but the pump only runs if I manually turn it to ON. As a test, I changed back to Standalone mode, pump still does not come on, even when the sensor is out of the water...any suggestions? Could the unit be bad? I'm leaving to go out of town in 3 days so MUST get this going again and quickly. The light is solid green but pump is not on. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    I was going to post a note about this. I have two, one on each of my tanks and worked flawlessly for roughly 10days to 2 weeks before giving same symptoms as you mentioned. Turns out it was a scale type film on sensor lens. I took a medium/firm tooth brush and scrubbed it and both are working as advertised.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mical View Post
    I was going to post a note about this. I have two, one on each of my tanks and worked flawlessly for roughly 10days to 2 weeks before giving same symptoms as you mentioned. Turns out it was a scale type film on sensor lens. I took a medium/firm tooth brush and scrubbed it and both are working as advertised.
    Thank you for the reply, I cleaned mine yesterday thinking the sensor was blocked but not the case, clean and still not working.

Frequent Visitor
    I had to scrub mine. They looked clean but after scrubbing w/toothbrush and some vinegar they instantly started working.

Frequent Visitor
    check the modules page in the apex - is there a red error triangle next to FMM module?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    check the modules page in the apex - is there a red error triangle next to FMM module?
    No triangle, check mark is there, thanks anyway!

New User
    Im in the same boat. Worked for a week or so, now only works when I manually turn the ATO on. I am using the default program, sensors are spotless (and reading correctly) both optical sensors are showing "open" which should trigger a fill cycle).

Program looks good, sensors are working, I am trying to figure out why it isnt topping the tank off like it should.

module is A-ok.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverlosT View Post
    Im in the same boat. Worked for a week or so, now only works when I manually turn the ATO on. I am using the default program, sensors are spotless (and reading correctly) both optical sensors are showing "open" which should trigger a fill cycle).

Program looks good, sensors are working, I am trying to figure out why it isnt topping the tank off like it should.

module is A-ok.
    I finally filled out a service ticket, got the tech into my system, they made some adjustments and its working now. Not sure what they did exactly.

New User
    Interesting, how does one fill out a service ticket? Thanks in advance.

Mine was working today, so it appears to be an intermittent issue, which, with mechatronic systems, is the hardest to troubleshoot!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverlosT View Post
    Interesting, how does one fill out a service ticket? Thanks in advance.

Mine was working today, so it appears to be an intermittent issue, which, with mechatronic systems, is the hardest to troubleshoot!
    https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.