Thread: setting up a tank camera

New User

setting up a tank camera

I wonder if someone can point me to instructions for a newbie to set up a camera on my system so I can see what is happening in my tank while logged into Fusion. I see the media window and wonder how to make it work. Can I plug a USB camera into the USB on my feeder? Please let me know.

Plugging any USB device into an Aquabus connector on your Apex or it's modules will either destroy your Apex or the USB device. Even though they look like USB. THEY ARE NOT USB!

There are may threads on the forum discussing streaming cameras. From brands, to setup to configuration, etc. I would suggest spending some time reading a few of those and then decide if you want to set one up. Then you will likely know what brand you want how to configure it.

Good luck and happy reefing.

New User
    I had suspected that plugging it in to the unit was not wise. I have searched for posts related to the how but all I really see is how to select a camera. If the camera is not hooked up to the apex, how does it feed to the apex?

These cameras stream video onto your network that your Apex is on. So once you have the camera setup and working you just tell your Apex where the stream is and it displays it.