Thread: When On /Off interaction with Defer

When On /Off interaction with Defer

How does the defer command interact with the new When On / Off command
    My recently revised ATU programme (I’m not using the ATK) – Output Kalk_PM is a virtual outlet to trigger kalk additions during lights out.

1. Fallback OFF
    2. Set OFF
    3. If SumpLo CLOSED Then ON
    4. If pH < 7.70 Then ON
    5. If Output Kalk_PM = ON Then ON
    6. Defer 002:00 Then ON
    7. When On > 05:00 Then OFF
    8. If pH > 8.30 Then OFF
    9. If ROLo CLOSED Then OFF
    10. If SumpHi CLOSED Then OFF

I’d like to incorporate a Defer statement to ensure that the float is consistently OPEN for 1 min before switching the outlet off but confusing myself as to how to configure the code.
    Can I just add in the command?
    11. Defer 01:00 Then OFF

Which I appreciate would also mean that both the statements at 9 & 10 would also be impacted and deferred by 1 minute or do I also need to add another line to get the result I want?

If Sump_Lo OPEN Then OFF

Does the defer command impact on the When on statement? In this scenario meaning that the 10 minute running time for the output is effectively increased to 11 minutes

Thanks all

You're overthinking it The 'When' timing starts at the time the output actually turns on, regardless of the presence of a Defer.

Where is that "10 minute running time" coming from? I see nothing that does that in your posted programming. Do you have a 10-minute Defer or Min Time statement in the Kalk_PM VO?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Thanks that clarified it - but sorry I meant 6 minutes not 10 (5 in line 7 from When On +1 for the defer)

So I can just add the Defer 01:00 Then OFF statement ?

Quote Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
    Thanks that clarified it - but sorry I meant 6 minutes not 10 (5 in line 7 from When On +1 for the defer)

So I can just add the Defer 01:00 Then OFF statement ?
    Yes. Defers do apply to the entire outlet programming (exception being when statement) so it will also delay on sump hi. If that doesn't sound like something you would like, you can increase the defer then on statement to a larger value like 10 minutes to achieve the same effect.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

No ideally I'd not want the defer on either lines 9 (ro low) or 10 (sump high) but I'm not sure I understand how increasing the defer then on would have the same effect though as once the float changes to open as the level increases then I'd get the same effect with rapid switching on/off when if there is any surface disturbance in the chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
    No ideally I'd not want the defer on either lines 9 (ro low) or 10 (sump high) but I'm not sure I understand how increasing the defer then on would have the same effect though as once the float changes to open as the level increases then I'd get the same effect with rapid switching on/off when if there is any surface disturbance in the chamber
    It has the same effect because it prevents rapid changes from off to on and when large enough the amount of evaporation forces the pump to also be on longer to make up the evaporation.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Thanks - I get it now and that probably my best option