Thread: Powering CO2 Solenoid with 24v On EB832

Frequent Visitor

Powering CO2 Solenoid with 24v On EB832

Hey guys/gals. Was wondering whether I can/Should power my Calcium reactor solenoid with the EB832 vs buying a separate power adapter. Electrical wiring is not my strong suit. Here a description of the Solenoid
    "CO2 Regulator Solenoid with 15490-5 manifold (24V)This Clippard solenoid uses a mere .67watts which makes it cool to the touch and probably the most power efficient solenoid used in the hobby today. The included manifold has 1/8 npt in and out ports comes prewired with female pigtail cable and ready to accept a 24VDC adapter (not included)."

1. I'm concered about the amperage (does the EB832 put out t0o much to fry the solenoid or it will only deliver what the solenoid needs?) the power adapter they sell separately for it is listed at 1A

2. How reliable is the 24v on the EB832. Can I count on it to shut down my Calcium reactor or is it prone to sticking? or should I just go with the separate power supply?

Thanks In advance

That is compatible with the eb832.

In all electrical circuits (with the exception of led drivers and other constant current drivers) the current is determined by the load not the supply, so the only thing you have to worry about is a) making sure the voltage matches what the load wants, b) that the load is less than the supply rating, and c) that you wire the polarity correctly

The 24V is actually more reliable than an energy bar outlet and power supply. There isn't the triacs issue of small loads not turning off nor the issue of limited number of switching like the electromechanical outlets.

Even if wiring isn't your forte, it's a pretty easy endeavor. Connect positive to positive and negative to negative (most solenoids aren't polarity sensitive anyway so no harm happens even if you get that wrong)

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That is compatible with the eb832.

In all electrical circuits (with the exception of led drivers and other constant current drivers) the current is determined by the load not the supply, so the only thing you have to worry about is a) making sure the voltage matches what the load wants, b) that the load is less than the supply rating, and c) that you wire the polarity correctly

The 24V is actually more reliable than an energy bar outlet and power supply. There isn't the triacs issue of small loads not turning off nor the issue of limited number of switching like the electromechanical outlets.

Even if wiring isn't your forte, it's a pretty easy endeavor. Connect positive to positive and negative to negative (most solenoids aren't polarity sensitive anyway so no harm happens even if you get that wrong)

Thanks for the info. So long story short I'm g2g using the EB832?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris155hp View Post
    Thanks for the info. So long story short I'm g2g using the EB832?
    Yes