Thread: Amcrest IP3M-941B

New User

Question Amcrest IP3M-941B

Hello, All.

Has anyone been able to use the Amcrest IP3M-941B with Apex Fusion?

I've configured the substream for MJPEG based on prior posts and have the appropriate URL (accessible internally and via PORT Forwarding externally). However, I can't get the substream to appear in Apex Fusion.
    It works and is accessible from any program I try save Apex Fusion Dashboard.

Code:
    http://apexfusion:[email protected]:8080/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?channel=1&subtype=1
    Thanks for the help!

Try Firefox if using Windows, or Safari if using Mac or a iOS device.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thx, Russ. It worked like a champ...one of many things that have pushed me to Firefox this week. Maybe a change is in order!

I appreciate the assistance.

I tried to follow the threads and got no where. Can I pay someone to get my Amcrest on the Fusion dashboard? PLEASE?! I know nothing of technology (IP addresses, port forwarding, what the heck is that?)

New User
    Hey, Sleepy.

If you can tell me the model of your router and the model of your Amcrest camera I'll write up a step-by-step guide for you.

Thank you grooberman!
    The router we have is Apple airport extreme, the model # is A1521
    The Amcrest model # is IP3M-941W

Groober can probably do a more in depth thing, but this is the generic process for all ip cams.

1. Set up camera with a static ip.

2. Look up port forwarding instructions for your router (search model number and port forwarding in google) and port firmware the cameras ip to a http port you will remember.

3. (Optional but recommended) sign up for a dynamic dns server (ddns) so you can remember a name rather than an ip address and it will auto update when it changes on you for no reason.

4. Look up the embedded url link for your particular camera (usually something along the lines of ip:port/video/mjpg.cgi) and enter that in fusion using the ddns name instead of WAN ip address if you did step 3.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.