Thread: Apex classic with wifi extender

New User

Apex classic with wifi extender

I just picked up a apex classic off a friend and am having issues getting it to work over wifi. I bought a tp link ac750 wifi extender to use with it. The apex will work fine not connected to extender and it will work connected to my router. When i connect the apex to the extender with the ethernet cable it will not boot up. It just sits there with an orange status light. I have connected a computer to the ethernet port of the wifi extender and it is functioning fine. Any help?

You sure it worked on a computer (forgetting to turn WiFi off has tricked many a person)? The lack of a green light on the Ethernet port means it is not connected to the WiFi extender.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Yep i tried network extender with a desktop that has no wifi. Also both lights on the ethernet port of the apex are lit up it just wont boot up. If i power up apex first then plug in ethernet it will run fine but will not connect to internet so i cycle power on apex and it just sits there with orange status light and status light on eb8 is orange flashing.

Odd...never seen that behavior before. Russ might have some ideas, but it sounds like something is afoul with that extender. I would get everything set up on a temporary Ethernet straight to your router and then try a different extender or something.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.