Thread: Programming BRS Pump

New User

Programming BRS Pump

I am still an APEX newbie... looking to confirm something I seem to have realized last night...

I was messing around last night, simply looking to turn on my BRS dose pump for 5 minutes every day at the same time (Dosing fertilizer into my planted tank).

I tried the following:
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Time 13:50 to 14:00 Then ON

My thoughts were that this would turn on the pump for 5 minutes, giving me exactly what I was looking for...

However, when I tried it, it stayed on until the END of 14:00 and turned off when the clock hit 14:01... (was ON for 6 minutes... not 5)
    Am I to understand then that a switch will turn ON at the exact time programmed, but turn OFF at the END of the hour/minute programmed?

I know this is really basic programming here, but is that the best method to achieve the desired outcome?

Thanks,

On your first question, the apex evaluates any time the statement is true. Since seconds aren't included in the if time statements, it does evaluate from the start of the minute of the first time to the end of the minute of the second time.

Regarding your question on the best approach, using this calculator Russ made is the best way.

https://www.reeftronics.net/adpg/dosingcalc.php

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Ok thanks Zombie, that makes sense regarding the clock. Perfect.

I did take a look at the calculator... not sure my planted tank needs are that advanced. Just a simple 5minute ON for my dose pump is sufficient, thanks for sharing though.

At this time yeah, time statement is fine for 1 5 min dose, but if/when you decide later that you need to dose more or want to dose twice a day or three times a day, etc. It saves you from doing the math and logic.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

That If Time statement behavior is one of the things covered in a series of posts in a sticky thread for new users; you may find some other nuggets of good info there : https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ad-This-Thread!
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.