Thread: Acclimation settings

New User

Acclimation settings

Can you hold the lighting percentage less than 100%. I'd light to use different settings than ramp up to 100% and down from 100%. Would you use ramp at that % ?

There isn't an acclamation setting in the apex. You can manually change the settings by adjusting the wizard intensities (don't bother with profiles unless you intend to use the season table)

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    I don't get a wizard? I've set up profiles and have the variable control programmed using ramps and it seems to be working. Only thing that seems to be a hassle is that time in ramp can't be greater than 255 mins. So if I want to hold for 5 hours, I have to break it up into 2 time sections. Got it programmed to ramp to 40% hold for 5hours and then ramp down with ramp profiles. Kind of cool as I can set profiles for slowly acclimating corals. I don't have apex ready lights. BML leds but at least they are controllable. Apex is much better control than the dimmer that came with the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by ReeFeRX007 View Post
    I don't get a wizard? I've set up profiles and have the variable control programmed using ramps and it seems to be working. Only thing that seems to be a hassle is that time in ramp can't be greater than 255 mins. So if I want to hold for 5 hours, I have to break it up into 2 time sections. Got it programmed to ramp to 40% hold for 5hours and then ramp down with ramp profiles. Kind of cool as I can set profiles for slowly acclimating corals. I don't have apex ready lights. BML leds but at least they are controllable. Apex is much better control than the dimmer that came with the lights.
    The wizard is the wand icon in fusion when you set up the outlet. Eliminates the need for profiles, doesn't have the issue of profiles starting over from the beginning of the ramp on reboots or manual changes, and you get to do the whole thing graphically instead of with code so it's way more user friendly.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Using profiles for what doing you describe is the hard way. Use the wizard as zombie suggested; it's so much easier and faster to create a lighting schedule for 0-10v controllable lighting. If you don't see the wizard when editing one of the variable outputs, click the wizard button in the upper left.
    wizard.png
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.