Thread: New classic setup, getting alarm on controller. help

Regular Vistor

New classic setup, getting alarm on controller. help

I am trying to set up my new classic. Follow the start up guide. After a few minutes I am getting a beeping on the controller. Can't figure uot what it is telling me is Wrong. And can't find how to mute the alarm in the reference manual or elsewhere. Could use some help.

New classic setup, getting alarm on controller. help

The controller (the Apex base unit) does not beep or make alarm tones; the display module does, so I'm guessing that's what you mean.

There are two audible alarm outputs named SndWarn_I7 and SndAlm_I6; these will make alarm tones play through the display module if an alarm condition programmed into them has been met. First, check those outputs using the dashboard to see if you have put the slider for one or both into the ON position. If they are in AUTO, see if the state of one is ON. Did you try to program one or both yet?

There is no mute for the audible alarms. But you can turn the alarm output's slider to OFF for the time being until you get the system fully configured.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    I was incorrect. I have the ATO Kit FMM connected and it is beeping. I just read the ATO Kit needs to be sure the controller firmware is updated. I just performed the update to 4.52 - 5A17

I just need to perform some kind of installation for the FMM

Regular Vistor
    I just discovered the "tasks" tab and followed the configuration instructions. So far no beeping. FMM indicator is now green. Seeing why it is not blue. Water level looks good, pump doesn't seem to be on. Water level is at first optical sensor level.

A blue status LED indicates that an ATK is running in Standalone mode and is not actively performing ATO.

The LED will not be blue at any time when the ATK FMM is connected to an Apex.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you.
    I didn't know that.

Now I raised the float/sensor assembly above the water level in the sump. Not getting the pump to run.