Thread: PMUP Issues

Regular Vistor

PMUP Issues

So I'm looking for a pump for my ATO (to use with my JBJ ATO). I'm a huge fan of my other Neptune Equipment so I've been looking into the PMUPT. I've read several reviews of the pumps having impeller issues after just 3-6 months of use. Is this a constant issue or something on the early models that is now fixed?
    Thx!!

I haven't heard many problems with impellers but it is a risk with any pump that uses impellers especially if used with Kalk and not regularly cleaned. Your best options for an ATO pump are the PMUP, the tunze osmolator, or the BRS 50ml/min peristaltic pump.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

As a side note, I would recommend selling the JBJ and getting some floats and a BOB or getting the ATK instead (which includes a PMUP). I hated the JBJ because it had problems often and never alerted me of them. If you do it in the apex, you get better control and actually get alerted of problems.

Regular Vistor
    Figured I'd add a float switch as a little protection & connect it to my Apex. That way I could turn off the JBJ (and PMUP) as well as get alerts if I have an issue.

I like the ATK, but $200 is a little steep when I have the JBJ for free, same goes for the Tunze. I hear they are great but even used they are at least $120. I figured the PMUP was my best bet for an add on pump. Just don't want it to die on me 6 months in.

What about a spectrapure pump?

The spectrapure pump is not reliable. If you want a good peri pump get the BRS 50ml/min one.