Thread: New Apex Classic base unit- a couple questions

Regular Vistor

New Apex Classic base unit- a couple questions

I fried my old Apex Classic Lite base unit by plugging in the wrong adapter, DOH!!! I called Apex and ordered a new base unit. There is a sticker on the new Apex Classic base unit I recieved that says if your are replacing an old unit go through the cloning process. I just want to make sure that I can start fresh if I want to and NOT clone the old programming. The old unit was on my main display which I upgraded to a new Fusion system. The Apex classic will run my nanoreef, which is currently being run by an old, old APEX Junior. I just want to start fresh with the new APEX Classic and do new programming for the nano.

Second question, I had a friend set up my Fusion, get it all dialed on the cloud and all is well. I can access it from all of my devices. Can I set up the new APEX Classic on my Fusion page as well as a second tank. If so, how?

You don't have to clone. U can't clone from a Jr to classic. Cloning only works from a classic to a classic.. Second question is setup new classic, get the internet working and sign in onto apex fusion account and get that token for the link and u should be pretty good to go.. Prob a few more steps but hopefully this helps a little

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Thanks so much. I appreciate it. I knew I couldn't clone the Jr to the classic, but just wanted to make sure I could start fresh. I think I'll need a little more guidance for setting up the new Classic on my current Fusion account, lol. I appreciate your starter tips and I am sure they will help once I get a little ore info.

That little icon top left gets u that link..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk