Thread: Are the TUNZE Turbelle Stream 3 6150 Pump Apex ready ? (will they in a future update)

New User

Are the TUNZE Turbelle Stream 3 6150 Pump Apex ready ? (will they in a future update)

Hi Folks,

Will the TUNZE Turbelle Stream 3 6150 Power heads work with the Neptune Apex ? Also Do I need the VDM Module ?

Kind regards
    Paul

Frequent Visitor

Are the TUNZE Turbelle Stream 3 6150 Pump Apex ready ? (will they in a future update)

Yes they are compatible only if you have an apex jr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Seeady66 View Post
    Yes they are compatible only if you have an Apex Jr
    This is not correct. Tunze Stream electronic controllable pumps work with all Apex models.

In the case of the Apex Classic and Apex (2016), Tunze controllable pumps may be controlled by the variable (0-10) outputs built into the Apex base unit. Additional variable outputs, if needed, may be added with VDMs. In the case of the Apex Jr, a VDM is required to provide the variable outputs because the Jr has none built in.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by griffinpa View Post
    Will the TUNZE Turbelle Stream 3 6150 Power heads work with the Neptune Apex ? Also Do I need the VDM Module ?
    The Series 3 pumps have not been certified as ApexReady but I see no reason why they should not work with an Apex. I have a pair Tunze 6040 pumps which have not specifically been certified as ApexReady but work just fine under Apex control.

See my previous post for the answer to your second question.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    As I said to the op they are compatible, and he will need a vdm for an apex jr so I can't see why my answer is not correct
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Seeady66 View Post
    As I said to the op they are compatible, and he will need a vdm for an apex jr so I can't see why my answer is not correct
    Adrian
    Perhaps that is what you were thinking, but that is not what you wrote.

New User
    Hi Russ and Seedy 66,

Thank you for answering my Question..., so they are apex ready... however I have some more questions..I have an Apex classic, so therefore I can use my apex classic base unit... using the Ports V1V2 and V3 V4 I for each pump....is that correct for each pump ?

Do I need to purchase new specific cables ?

So I plan on running 2 X stream 3 pumps in my tank... I would also Like to control my DC 6000 Wave-line return pump, so I suspect I will need a VDM for this ?

https://www.tunze.com/en/catalogue/k...-infoxunter064

Kind regards
    Paul

I a

You will not need a VDM. Order a Neptune dual Stream cable. It is a “Y” cable which connects 2 Tunze pumps to the physical V1/V2 or V3/V4 jack yet still allows independent control of the two Tunze pumps.

New User
    hi , i will very soon connect 2 tunze turbelle stream 3 with the `Y`cable to my apex classic , can you share your programming code ? thanks