Thread: Can anyone get a live stream from a Nest Webcam

Can anyone get a live stream from a Nest Webcam

I have read a few threads where you can no longer install the nest webcam in fusion - TRUE OR FALSE?

New User
    nest home app now has a public sharing video for the nest cam, but the links doesnt work in apex fusion.

Regular Vistor
    Does anyone know how to make a nest cam work with Fusion then? I totally get that with all of the possible types of setups and camera combinations out there it is next to impossible for Neptune to give detailed instructions on how to set this up for everyone. But after 2 years of owning my apex and multiple cameras now, I can't help but feel like there should be SOME sort of explanation or detail they could provide. Starting to think that this feature is mostly hype and not fully developed. Don't mean to offend or put my foot in my mouth. Just saying this is something that I think A LOT of people would appreciate if Neptune would FINALLY address.

New User
    im still waiting for them to respond.

New User
    Is there any update to the Nest Cam share link working with the Apex Fusion?

Frequent Visitor
    I have mine working....has been for a year without issue on an iMac running safari. It will not show up on an iOS device unless you tap it and blow it up, but on my iMac no issues. You need to make your camera public. Then paste the link into a browser like chrome. Look at the page "source" and drill down until you find something that looks like this:

https://stream-uc2-charlie.dropcam.c...ublic=XXXXXXXX (I've removed my specific address)

Drill down until you can't anymore and copy that address. Paste it in Fusion and you are good to go.

New User

Cool Live Streaming w/NEST Cam--SOLVED in app and Desktop

cdavmd,

Sweet! So I followed your instruction--

Step One: Share your camera in Nest app on Desktop (You can only turn on "PUBLIC" sharing on the desktop and not your phone app)

Step Two: Copy link and place in Web Browser

Step Three: Right click on image and click on inspect at the bottom of the drop down.

Step Four: Look for this: <source src="https://stream-us1-alfa.dropcam.com:443/nexus_aac/ac3594bbcb3c4623b5754e95bd18afa2/playlist.m3u8?public=XXXXXXXXX" type="application/x-mpegURL"> ( you will have to find the live feed in all the detail and then click the arrow to the left to see this link)

Step 5: Copy and paste link into the live fish feed. Just the public link. https://stream-us1-alfa.dropcam.com:443/nexus_aac/ac3594bbcb3c4623b5754e95bd18afa2/playlist.m3u8?public=XXXXXXXXX --DO not copy double quotes or anything else.

Step 6: You can also add this same link to your Apex Fusion phone app ( I have an Android operating system) and it feeds the information live via the Apex Fusion app (I copied the link and emailed it to myself, opened the email on my phone and then copied and pasted to the Fusion app)

OH yeah,...last but not least--make sure you use HTTP Live Streaming on the Fusion App when you are configuring the feed.

Your done. Should be good to go!!

Special thanks to cdavmd for getting this going! Thanks bud!!
    Last edited by mcdy; 07-29-2019 at 09:09. Reason: Just adding detail

Frequent Visitor
    Glad to be of help!
    Happy Reefing!

Regular Vistor

Thank you

Thanks for the Nest cam video code help

Works perfect !!!

Eric

New User
    Can you please provide the Nest Cam type that you have? I am asking because I have already purchase two other cameras but none of them is working with fusion.

Regular Vistor

Can anyone get a live stream from a Nest Webcam

ModelDropcam Pro

Software217-610040

Regular Vistor

Cam Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by thomaska View Post
    Can you please provide the Nest Cam type that you have? I am asking because I have already purchase two other cameras but none of them is working with fusion.

I'm going to guess its the code you are pasting in.

It took a few tries to locate and copy the correct code, did it a couple times with the wrong code, then finally located, copied and pasted the correct code and it works perfectly and flawless.