Thread: Moving houses and network connection

Regular Vistor

Moving houses and network connection

Hello all, I recently moved my tank from a house to a new apartment and with it my apex. Since the move I have struggled to get the apex connected to the internet. I was using a network adaptor with my apex classic at my old house that worked fine but the network adaptor doesn't seem to recognize my wifi I decided to try a power line adapter and my apex won't recognize that either how ever I did connect to the internet via a hard connection to run updates which worked fine. Is there a reason my apex isn't recognizing the power line adaptor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power line adaptors don't work very good (if at all) in apartments especially if someone else is using one on the same upstream transformer (these are usually shared between 8 to 20 units).

I would suggest going hard line to the router if at all possible and use a WiFi range extender with an Ethernet port if not.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Power line adaptors don't work very good (if at all) in apartments especially if someone else is using one on the same upstream transformer (these are usually shared between 8 to 20 units).

I would suggest going hard line to the router if at all possible and use a WiFi range extender with an Ethernet port if not.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    I tried my wifi extender again but still could not get it to work. However after resetting my apex I was able to use the power line adaptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk