Thread: Optical float switches in DDR failed

Regular Vistor

Optical float switches in DDR failed

The optical level sensors in my DDR are both reporting closed though both sides are nearly full. It started with one and now both are wrong. They are clean and this unit is only a couple months old. Any advice would be appreciated.

Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Im not the brightest crayon in the box with apex yet, though I do have the DDR and when full of fluid they are supposed to read closed.
    Only read Open when the fluid level is below the sensor.
    Am I missing something here or maybe you worded it wrong== open/ closed ?

Regular Vistor
    I may be mistaken about where they should be but they are definitely closed now and they were open for weeks and the level has been way above them all along. lol

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Arringar View Post
    I may be mistaken about where they should be but they are definitely closed now and they were open for weeks and the level has been way above them all along. lol
    If they are full of fluid or the fluid is above the optical sensors and the switches are reading closed then its working as it should.
    Remove the fluid in them or wait until its used up and gets below the sensor, if the switches open up then its working normal as it should.
    When you fill them back above the optical sensor the switch should go back to reading closed.