Thread: FMM Module

Regular Vistor

FMM Module

I've looked but can't find an answer or guidance on this...

I have the FMM and I am utilizing it as an ATO. I have 4 sensors connected to it; 2 in the ATO and 2 more in the sump. I have connected a power supply to it which is in the #4 outlet of the EB8. My question is, do I need to do any programming for the outlet since it just sensors connected to the FMM?

Thanks,
    Jim

Frequent Visitor
    If you only have sensors connected to the FMM (and don't have a PMUP connected), you don't need the power supply at all. The power supply is used to power the 24v connection, not the optical sensors.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you for the reply wwanthony! It is just the sensors connected to it. I have 2 solenoids and the PMUP but they are on their EB8 outlet and are activated based upon the sensor state.

Thanks again!
    Jim

Regular Vistor
    as was stated if you are using the FMM for sensors you do not need to use a power supply for it. remove the power supply and save the outlet on your EB for something needed

Regular Vistor
    I have the same question about programming. I have the FMM connected to my apex via aqua bus cable and optical sensors in place in my sump. The water level has dropped below the senor but the PMUP doesn't turn on. I can manually turn on the PMUP using fusion to add RO water. I assumed I could just connect the ATK and it would do the rest. Do I need to program the pump to respond to the optical sensors?

Quote Originally Posted by jonleon89 View Post
    I have the same question about programming. I have the FMM connected to my apex via aqua bus cable and optical sensors in place in my sump. The water level has dropped below the senor but the PMUP doesn't turn on. I can manually turn on the PMUP using fusion to add RO water. I assumed I could just connect the ATK and it would do the rest. Do I need to program the pump to respond to the optical sensors?
    Yes you need to program it.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    So if my two Solenoids and PMUP that are controlled by the program code that I have entered for the EB8 Outlets that controls them, then do I need to put program code in the FMM itself?

The FMM has four water level sensors hooked up to it. Two for my ATO container and two for the sump. For the ATO, if the low water sensor is open, then the PMUP and both solenoids are turned on via the EB8 outlets. Then when the sensor is closed those outlets are turned off. Below is what I have for the FMM which is basically what is for the EB8 outlets copied over. Do I need to have this for the FMM?

Thanks,
    Jim

LinkA_7_1 (FMM module)

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Swx7_1 OPEN Then ON
    If Swx7_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Swx7_4 CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 001:00 Then ON

If you have something plugged into the acc port then you need to copy over. If they are in EB8 outlets, The code can stay where it is.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks! Nothing plugged into the Acc port. Take care