Thread: Exporting Logs

Frequent Visitor

Exporting Logs

So I have been using my Apex for a couple weeks now on my cycling tank. I have an excel log for basic tank parameters, but I was wondering if anyone had a automated or somewhat automated solution to extract the xml logs from the apex to excel so it can be backed up/manipulated. Did a search, but came up empty.

Look in the FAQ of the Comprehensive Ref Manual, download from Neptune's doc web page.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks. I have seen and used that, but wondered if there was some sort of automated solution to keep a running log of the data. I suppose that pulling the logs monthly would be enough, and with the date range fields in the URL you wouldn't have to worry about filtering duplicates.

I'd like to figure out some way to automatically import a certain date range of data from the apex into excel. Maybe a vb script or something. If I come up with anything and anyone's interested, I'll post it up for others.

Always something...

Lots of people have written code to pull the XML data. In fact, the OpenXML option was added to the controller for just that reason. Go to reeftronics.net and run their program or outlet lister (see Tools on the home page). It will hit your controller and pull that data, format it and present it back to you.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

New User
    Assume there is no way to download log data in fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by fehenry View Post
    Assume there is no way to download log data in fusion.
    True.
    Bert

New User
    https://www.reeftronics.net/ appears to be decommissioned. Hopefully Neptune makes this easier for its data hungry user base. Should move it up on the backlog guys.

Whats the point of having a system with tons of sensors to collect data if you can't easily mine the data. The UI is seriously lacking data analysis capability. For example: I'm trying to find a trend line in my alkalinity for the last month, against the events like dosing and water changes. This would be very easy in excel if I had the data, but the Fusion UI doesn't let you do anything by view the a week at a time and it doesn't provide access to the data and to export to excel. It would be so easy to just add a CSV export feature with a date range.

As for the UI, it has some funny quirks about how it works, limiting usability (e.g., you can only select a data set to plot if it shows up in the time period, a week, you are viewing). So when I want to look at my water changes which I do bi-weekly against sensor data, every time I shift the plots time (x) axis , the water change data set drops off the plot and I have to add it again.