Thread: ATK incoming water sprays on low water level sensor and shuts off pump

Regular Vistor

ATK incoming water sprays on low water level sensor and shuts off pump

When my water level is below the low water level optical sensor, the pump turns on. As the water fills, (since the low level sensor is directly below the float) the incoming water sprays on the sensor and I guess the system thinks the water level is correct and the pump shuts off after 10 sec. Then it waits and then starts again.

anyone have this issue?

I would have had the two sensors to the right of the float, not right under the float and separated vertically a little more. IMO

The float valve body (the “fat hot dog”) must be on the same side of the bracket as the the nuts for the optical sensors. If this is not the case, remove the float valve and reverse it.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    well that makes sense !!!! thanks. Mine is not that way.

could you also tell me how to read the code defer statements I have (default code)?

defer 00:10 then on
    defer 00:04 then off
    Min time 60:00

thanks

That means the above lines must be true (both open) for at least 10 seconds continuously before allowing fill, the fill will continue for 4 seconds after either sensor closes, and there must be at least 60 minutes between fills regardless of switch state.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    I corrected the float valve relationship to the optical sensors. I needed the float on the opposite side of the bracket from the return pump to prevent any possible interference with the float in case the pump moved around in the sump. so I flipped it around from the position it was in when I opened the box. I have now rotated the optical sensors to the side opposite of the float. that prevents the "spill" on to the sensor when filling and still leaves the float away from the return pump. Thanks

If there must be at least 60 minutes between fills regardless of state. then the pump will only run 14 sec (10 + 4) each hour? I see my top off pump has run more than once per hour so that doesn't make sense. I must not understand that correctly. I am going to study the reference manual some more. I would think the pump should be able to run more time than that??

ATK incoming water sprays on low water level sensor and shuts off pump

Quote Originally Posted by linko View Post
    If there must be at least 60 minutes between fills regardless of state. then the pump will only run 14 sec (10 + 4) each hour?
    That’s not what zombie wrote to you. Please re-read his post. The default program generated by the ATK Task allows up to a 5-minute run at a time - the When statement in the program does this max run limit.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Oh yes, I see that now. thank you

still learning. only 4 days into this system.