Thread: heater programming cant set to tmpx4

New User

heater programming cant set to tmpx4

Hello all. My name is Kirk and I've been using the apex for a lil over a year now. Just within the last 3 months my heater settings have reset to getting temp from my tmp probe. I do not have a probe in this outlet, I use my tmpx4 outlet. Now every time I change the settings on the heater outlets and hit the upload button it says completed. I then go out to dashboard and go back in to check it. Its always back to the tmp input. When this first happened the buzzing from my alarm using the tmpx4 input sounded and saved me from a really bad overheat. Being that I live in florida, the heaters are rarely used so I have them off now. I'm hoping someone can help me out here. When winter hits I will be needing heaters Please help!!!

Try renaming the probe then using that and uploading. Every now and then the default names don't play nice and the root cause has yet to be found.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    thank you i did that and shut off the tmp input in temp settings. that helped.

New User
    I had the same issue today and frantically scoured my garage for my second temp probe to plug into the brain. This had for forever and at some point just stopped. I can change the heater programming to tmpx7 (my pm2) and upload that change. But if I open the Advanced Programming again, it was changed back to tmp (which had no probe). I have no idea how long my temperature has been relying on the controllers of my Finnex heaters. Will try the fix suggested. This could be a big gotcha for people.

New User
    I updated firmware and then changed name to tempa since it didnt like tmpx4 which was my pm2 mod temp probe. Everything is working now and i love finnex heaters.