Thread: Having immediate alarm on my ATK/FMM when istalling a flat surface leak detector

Regular Vistor

Having immediate alarm on my ATK/FMM when istalling a flat surface leak detector

I had some start up issues yesterday with my ATK installation. At that time I also used the Task section to install a flat surface leak detector in the FMM. Yesterday when I came home the sump was low and the top off pump would not run.
    I removed the leak detector and reset everything and was able to get back running normally.

Today the ATK is running correctly

Now I would like to reinstall the leak detector again.

here are my symptoms:

as soon as I plug the leak detector in the FMM it goes into alarm (orange flashing and audible)
    I went to task area and attempted to run the "add leak detector" It will not step past the module selection of the setup, as there is a circle with a line thru it when I run the cursor over it. (same if I try to rerun the add ATK task.)

what should I try to resolve this?

thanks

Run the ATK task with no leak detector plugged in to get the ATK code right first. Then go to module config, set the port you want to leak detection and then run the task or just add the leak detection line manually.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    I am unable to run the ATK Task again. the program will not permit highlighting the ATK module SWX_7_1

I checked the program and it has not changed from the program the task originally installed.

Quote Originally Posted by linko View Post
    I am unable to run the ATK Task again. the program will not permit highlighting the ATK module SWX_7_1
    Swx7_1 is not a module; it is a switch input, which would correspond to the low sensor (FMM port 1). So which is it that you cannot select: the FMM at Aquabus address 7, or the switch input?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Sorry.

The module FMM_7 (FMM at Aquabus address 7) in task instructions (ATK - Leak Detection),

the cursor shows a red circle with a line thru it when I attempt to select it in step 2 of 6

Is there a green check mark in both the Firmware and Attached columns? If not, which column shows an exclamation point instead of a checkmark?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    I have the exclamation mark in the attached column

That means the FMM is not connected to, or not communicating with the Apex.

Looking back through this thread, I see you said the FMM status LED flashes orange when you connect the LD. That is not normal. Contact tech support.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you