Thread: Single XF150 program help

Regular Vistor

Single XF150 program help

So, I decided to go with a single Gyre pump with the icecap controller, but while I have code for a dual pump set up, I cannot figure out how to make a code for a single Gyre pump.

What I want to do is:

Gyre runs at 40% constant mode from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
    Gyre runs at pulse mode (say 60%) from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
    Gyre runs at 40% constant mode from 7:00 PM to 12:00 AM
    Gyre goes into night mode at 25% from 12:00 AM to 11:00 AM

I am computer stupid. Honestly, I am. This theoretically should be easy, but for someone who isn't computer literate or savvy, it's not as easy as you would think.

Just thinking outloud, I would need a profile for the constant mode (do I use pump? Ramp?). I guess I would make the min/max at 40% but it's the ramp (if I use that) time that confuses me.

I would need a pulse profile, which I can figure out (using pump), Off Time: 0, On time 10, Off time 10, Min Intensity: 25, Max Intensity: 60

Then I would need a night mode profile (I guess this would be ramp?)

Then comes the programming of the virtual outlet for the gyre, which I have no clue how to do for a single pump.

Then I need to set up the programming in the variable speed outlet...another that I have no clue how to do for a single pump.

Ramp or pump can be used for constant though I suggest using pump because you can have the intensity vary close to the target value (like between 25 and 30 for night) to add some turbulence to the flow. If using ramp make start and end the same and time is irrelevant.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by pdiehm View Post
    Just thinking outloud, I would need a profile for the constant mode (do I use pump? Ramp?). I guess I would make the min/max at 40% but it's the ramp (if I use that) time that confuses me
    A Ramp profile is the proper way to get a constant speed. Just set the Start and End Intensity to the same value. Do not attempt to trick a Pump profile into doing a constant speed.

When using Ramp profile for a constant speed, the Ramp Time does not matter at all because there is no ramping when configured start and end intensities are the same. Just use any value other than 0. A 1 is fine.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    A Ramp profile is the proper way to get a constant speed. Just set the Start and End Intensity to the same value. Do not attempt to trick a Pump profile into doing a constant speed.

When using Ramp profile for a constant speed, the Ramp Time does not matter at all because there is no ramping when configured start and end intensities are the same. Just use any value other than 0. A 1 is fine.
    *unless you make the min and max different values (30 min and 31 max is nearly constant with some turbulence added from the changing intensity).

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Here's what I have.

Profiles:

Name: Day_Up
    Type: Ramp
    Ramp Time: 1
    Start Intensity: 40
    End Intensity: 40

Name: Day_PulseType: Pump
    Initial Time: 0
    On Time: 5
    Off Time: 5
    Minimum: 25
    Maximum: 60

Name: Night_Mode
    Type: Ramp
    Ramp Time: 1
    Start: 25
    End: 25

Virtual Outlets:

Name: Gyre_Day
    Type: Advanced
    Icon: Light A
    OSC 000:00/001:00/001:00 Then ON
    If Time 16:00 to 19:00 Then OFF
    If Time 23:00 to 11:00 Then OFF

Name: Gyre_Pulse
    Control Type: Advanced
    Icon: Light B
    OSC 000:00/001:00/001:00 Then ON
    If Time 11:00 to 16:00 Then OFF
    If Time 19:00 to 11:00 Then OFF

Name: Gyre_Night
    Icon: Up/Down Arrows
    Set ON
    If Time 11:00 to 23:00 Then OFF

Normal Outlet:

Name: Gyre
    Icon: Left/Right Arrows
    If Time 11:00 to 16:00 Then Day_Up
    If Time 16:00 to 19:00 Then Day_Pulse
    If Time 19:00 to 23:00 Then Day_Up
    If Time 23:00 to 11:00 Then Night_Mode
    If Outlet Sicce = OFF Then OFF
    Defer 001 Then ON

If there's anything wrong, let me know. Like I said, from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM constant 40%. From 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM pulse mode in 5 second increments. From 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM constant 40%. From 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM Night mode at 25%.

I will more than likely add a nutrient export period where the gyre runs at 100% for an hour. Maybe from 18:00 to 19:00 daily. Still thinking about that though.