Thread: FFM module disappeared.

New User

FFM module disappeared.

Hello,

So im trying to get this FFM system working. I installed all firmware upgrades. I saw the GPH read out. But when I went back its gone. Apex sees the Module and says its (ok) but I cant see any of the redout widgets in apex fusion. I looked under the unused widgets and its not there either. How do I get this thing working??

New User
    Another thing when I go to configure the the module I have a 1" flow sensor in port 1. When I set it to that in the config settings and hit auto detect and refresh its says "unknown sensor". Does that mean I need to keep flow set to not auto detect? Either one I choose I still dont see the widget in show up in fusion. Uge why is it always a headache to setup Apex stuff. You would think it would be a little easier.

New User
    If I try to turn off auto detect I can get the sensor to show up. But it just gives a continuous reading of 348 GPH no matter what the return is set to. And when I try to click on it I get another error message...

Input not found

The requested input wasn't found in the configuration.

I assume because I have auto detect off? Not even sure what that does... Anyway anyone have any insight?

Auto-detect enables the FMM to automatically determine the type of sensor connected to a FMM port... water-on-Floor (leak) sensor, optical sensor, or flow sensor.

The unknown sensor message tells you that the FMM could not determine the sensor type, a clear indication that something is wrong. If the FFM cannot tell what the sensor is, then that sensor probably won’t work properly even if you force set the type., as you discovered.

First, try reseating the plug fit the flow sensor. Ensure that the plastic body of the plug goes through the hole in the FMM faceplate, and is not catching on the edge of the faceplate hole for that port.

If that does not help, try that flow sensor in a different FMM port with auto-detect enabled for that port. If the problem persists, then the sensor is not working properly. If it works in that other port, then perhaps something is wrong with the FMM. In either case, there’s nothing else other users here in the forum can do to assist you; you’ll need to contact Neptune tech support.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Confirmed when I take the 1" sensor and unplug from port one and plug into port 4. It seems to read okay. Does this mean that I have a defective ffm?

New User
    Also thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Trilabite View Post
    Confirmed when I take the 1" sensor and unplug from port one and plug into port 4. It seems to read okay. Does this mean that I have a defective ffm?
    Either that or it just didn't seat right. It's possible the pins just need to be bent back out a tiny bit with some tweezers.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    It's possible the pins just need to be bent back out a tiny bit with some tweezers.
    The FMM & sensor connectors are 3.5mm TRRS connectors; there are no "pins" per se. These are not, for example, RJ-series connectors with actual wire pins. And few people would have tweezers that could actually reach inside a TRRS jack in a useful way; even if one had such tweezers, then it would be nearly impossible to see what one is doing.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilabite View Post
    Possibly defective, possibly damaged, such as might have happened if, for example, the plug somehow got water on it and then was plugged. I can't say for sure. As I mentioned, it's time to submit a support request.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Possibly defective, possibly damaged, such as might have happened if, for example, the plug somehow got water on it and then was plugged. I can't say for sure. As I mentioned, it's time to submit a support request.
    Defective 100 percent, brand new out of the box purchased and J&L aquatics. All gear is in a separate room away from the tank, no water. So unless gingerly plugging in the connectors damages them... Sadly i'm two for two. My last Neptune item new out of box was also defective. hence my frustration.