Thread: Apex Classic (black label)

Regular Vistor

Apex Classic (black label)

Just returned from Neptune because it was constantly disconnecting. Issue still remains.

I'm sure that Neptune's not idiots, so the issue lies with me. The problem is, I'm about as computer stupid as you can get.

It seems that the problem arises when aquatic log tries to access the apex readings, as the disconnect only happens when I enable XML. Mind you, I didn't do anything with the router (again, I'm a computer idiot, so there's no port forwarding or anything).

The router is a Verizon Fios Router, but from what I've read, I don't need to set up port forwarding. If I do, there's no real examples on how to do that, as the primary example is for a very old verizon router, and the overall layout and formatting is completely different.

If you have not done port forwarding in your router to the Apex, then AquaticLog is not talking to the Apex regardless of whether Open XML is enabled or not - the traffic from AquaticLog simply won’t be passed through the router to the Apex.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Apex Classic (black label)

Port forwarding is required for AquaticLog to work.

Port forwarding is not recommended these days; the Internet is not a friendly place, and regardless of how you do the port forwarding, that just opens up the Apex (or other devices for which port are forwarded) to malicious activity from the Internet. My advice is to skip AquaticLog and just use Apex Fusion, which does not require port forwarding.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Could that be causing the apex to disconnect? The reason I haven't been using apex fusion to track parameters is the disconnects.

I have turned off XML and see if that helps stability.

Edit: And as I checked fusion, even with XML off, it has disconnected after being connected for 90 minutes.

I am growing beyond frustrated.

Regular Vistor
    Screenshot.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know what else I can screen grab and I will post it.

I want this fixed, and after sending it back to Neptune and getting it back saying it was repaired, there's clearly a problem that I don't have the skills or expertise to address.

Regular Vistor
    Aquacontroller and Dashboard do not match.

Screenshot2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

All outlets are gone.

Is this thing FUBAR'd?

Screenshot3.jpg

And then I get this error:

Screenshot4.jpg

So that last screenshot caught my attention - the part about 72.94.155.227 says...

Are you accessing the Apex with http://72.94.155.227? Or 192.168.1.12?

Regular Vistor
    If I am at home...1.12

If I am outside the house, at work, using the 72. Number

Quote Originally Posted by pdiehm View Post
    If I am at home...1.12

If I am outside the house, at work, using the 72. Number
    Then you do have port forwarding in your router, and/or have DMZ mode in the router enabled and pointing to the Apex. The latter is especially bad to have - it’s a serious security issue.

Regular Vistor
    I think Verizon walked me through the DMZ.

Can that be the reason for apex instability?

I think Verizon walked me through the DMZ.

Can that be the reason for apex instability?
    It could very well be; DMZ mode is inherently dangerous because it causes ALL traffic originating in the Internet targeting your router to be forwarded to the device in the DMZ (in this case, tour Apex) - including all of the malicious traffic.

Regular Vistor
    ok, DMZ was checked. I unchecked it, and hit apply. I relinked to Fusion. We'll see if that was the issue.

However, my EB8 outlets are all gone. Just did an update firmware from the web interface, and they appeared again.

ok, DMZ was checked. I unchecked it, and hit apply. I relinked to Fusion. We'll see if that was the issue.

However, my EB8 outlets are all gone. Just did an update firmware from the web interface, and they appeared again.
    Could have been some recent updates with fusion as well that didn't play nice with your old firmware. Three days ago my apex stopped connecting to fusion entirely (even after unlinking and relinking) and was fixed the second I updated firmware.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Update: Since turning off DMZ, I have remained connected for 14 hours. It's probably the longest time staying connected since I tried to link aquatic log to my apex.

Regular Vistor
    And we have made it 24 hours, just enabled heartbeat. Redid my Apex component programming. If my apex stays connected at this time tomorrow, will plug in my components.