Thread: Apex fusion programming for Octo Varios-6 return pump

Apex fusion programming for Octo Varios-6 return pump

I am trying to program my single Octo Varios-6 return pump. Pump is connected to VDM V3/V4 port with a IceCap cable. When my IceCap cable is connected, the Octo Vario-6 is set at lowest speed. Although, the Octo Varios-6 seems like it's running at high speed. I have created an Outlet profile on EB8 7 and named the VDM V3/V4 port. In the classic dashboard, I just try to determine which port but neither adjust the pump speed. The pump speed actually speeds up to a higher rate.

In other words, I can't program my Octo Vario-6 return pump. Any help would be much appreciated! I just want control the intensity of flow with programming and be able power off/on. Then add a feeder time in future.
    HORTON

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar

Apex fusion programming for Octo Varios-6 return pump

Your varios controller should be turned up to max intensity.

You dont need to plug the power into the EB8 outlet, but you can if you want. Make sure it is in manual ON or if you have it in AUTO that the program is Fallback ON, Set ON.

Figure out which VSP outlet (3 or 4) is the one controlling the pump by switching the outlet between manual on/off.

Create a few profiles with a ramp time of 1 minute and a min/max of something like 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100. Name them something like RP_40, RP_60, etc.

In your VSP outlet, program something like "Set RP_60" to run the pump at 60%.
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

I am having trouble determining the VDM V3/V4. It even seems like VDM V3/V4 port are not displaying. My current variable ports are setup. On my Apex controller, V1/V2 and V3/4 are used by Rapid LEDs. Then I have a VDM module, V1/V2 is used by my 1 Gyre powerhead (using only a single Ethernet cable - but have a Y-cable available for 2 Gyre). The V3/V4 was not being used. I plug the Octo Vario-6 return pump with a single or Y-cable. Should the variable ports should show up automatically in the Outlet screen, correct? See screen captures below.

ID 23 to 26 control my Gyre. ID 3 would be used on the Apex controller for the lights (basically /V4 is not being used). Should there be another 4 ID's displayed for the VDM module port V3/V4? This is were I am confused!!! If these VDM module port V3/V4, I assume this is where I could connect my Octo Vario-6 return pump. I have turned on/off the switches and can not determine the which controls the VDM module port V3/V4. Yes, I have try switching cables and its not the cables. Both ports show a green light. Does any one have some suggestions?

2017-08-20_111954_v1.jpg
    HORTON

VDM V3/V4 are showing up... In that first screenshot, Output IDs 23-28 are the VDM outputs. IDs 23-26 are the 4 variable outputs; 25 (named VarSpd3_6_3) and 26 (named VarSpd4_6_4) which correspond to the VDM's V3 & V4. I do not see tiles for those outputs on the dashboard snip, but that doesn't appear to show the whole dashboard. Are they in the unused tiles area?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

I was able to set the Apex Controller with the Octo-Pump. I would like to be able to Ramp Up/Down but my ATO sensor is in my 3 Chamber of my sump along with the Octo-Pump. How could you set my Octo-Pump to Ramp Up/Down with your ATO alarming all the time? Any suggestions?

HORTON

What kind of ATO are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Tunze 3155 Auto Top Off and my sump is a Trigger Systems Ruby 36. My Octo Varios-6 has an optional water level for turning off the pump but does not do much good for the Tunze Auto Top Off.
    HORTON

So if your ATO is a self-controlled unit, not much you can do other than just turn it off via the apex when the return is ramping. The other option is to just lower the sensor to the lowest water level that the sump will have during the course of normal operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Can I turn off my varios pump for feed mode with the power plugged in to a dumb outlet not on the Apex? I'm confused on whether or not I could put a line that says if feed a 002 then off in the variable speed programming. My new varios-4 return pump is coming in the mail.

tony

Quote Originally Posted by crazynewbie View Post
    Can I turn off my varios pump for feed mode with the power plugged in to a dumb outlet not on the Apex? I'm confused on whether or not I could put a line that says if feed a 002 then off in the variable speed programming. My new varios-4 return pump is coming in the mail.

tony
    Yes. You are not limited to ON OFF with the variable speed port. What a lot of people do is play around to find the percentage that will keep the flow static (not flowing forward or backwards), and call out a profile with that intensity in lieu of an OFF statement.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Yes. You are not limited to ON OFF with the variable speed port. What a lot of people do is play around to find the percentage that will keep the flow static (not flowing forward or backwards), and call out a profile with that intensity in lieu of an OFF statement.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    Sweet peas and carrots :0 I forgot about using this feature and already had it set up, been mind bent lately so thanks for the reminder Zombie.