Thread: How to Display More tha 7 days in Fusion Graph

New User

How to Display More tha 7 days in Fusion Graph

I can't get the date range to include more than 7 days in the input charts on Fusion. I'm wanting to review pH trends over a longer period of time, but the sliders displayed above the graph only move as a unit (i.e., 7 days at a time). I think you're supposed to be able to display more and the graph will automatically zoom out, but for the life of me, I can't get it to work.

I'm using Safari on a Mac and thought it might be the browser. Tried FireFox and had the same problem. Am I missing something or is a 7 day date range all that can be displayed?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If there is a way I have yet to find it in fusion. The little graph below shows a month, but can't zoom out past a week. Assuming your records go back far enough, you can export the probe data from the classic dashboard, plop it in excel and compare to your hearts extent.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    If there is a way I have yet to find it in fusion. The little graph below shows a month, but can't zoom out past a week. Assuming your records go back far enough, you can export the probe data from the classic dashboard, plop it in excel and compare to your hearts extent.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I was afraid that was the answer. Disappointed that the user can't split the start and end date pointers and review a longer time frame in the software.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That has been a A drawback of fusion honestly.. I've grown to love it, but that is the one thing that annoys me.. But then, I can always go to classic to achieve that goal.. Can't have everything..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Reviving this thread since I still can't believe this functionality is missing. Being able to view any arbitrary length of time should be standard for viewing any sort of graph, but even having a month view would be helpful.

Is this a planned feature in development?

New User
    Funny you revive this thread now. The past few days I've been working on getting an ELK stack to poll apex for it's data. That way I can retain data forever and zoom as far out or in as I want.

So far, I've gotten it to retrieve the outlog and datalog. I dont see any point in pulling the programming log, but I would like to get it to pull the status log every 10 minutes or so. Thats next week while I'm off and at home.

I have to give kudos to the Neptune team, their graphs in fusion are beautiful and more useful than anything I've managed to get showing in Kibana so far, but it's only been a few days.

Regular Vistor
    Ha, I'm actually working on Zabbix to pull data off my apex.

Frequent Visitor
    Any chance the solutions you guys are exploring will be shareable for those of us less technologically inclined?

New User
    I think this is something that Neptune should address. I want to look at pH in two ways:

1) Short term - What is it right now and set alerts on that
    2) Long term - What does my stability look like over the last month, 3 months, 6 months .. whatever I might want.

Hope they fix it. I'd really love to see that long term data right there in Fusion instead of having to use Excel or something.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by gentoo9ball View Post
    The past few days I've been working on getting an ELK stack to poll apex for it's data. ...

So far, I've gotten it to retrieve the outlog and datalog. I dont see any point in pulling the programming log, but I would like to get it to pull the status log every 10 minutes or so. Thats next week while I'm off and at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by garbled View Post
    Ha, I'm actually working on Zabbix to pull data off my apex.
    What api are you using to or how did you extract the log data?

Thanks!

New User
    Anyone can advise me how to view data log longer than 7Days.

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bryhan67 View Post
    Anyone can advise me how to view data log longer than 7Days.
    The only method is to export the raw data from the Apex into XML, then use Excel or other software to graph the results. Read this thread for instructions on exporting the XML file:

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ing-data-chart

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by SuncrestReef View Post
    The only method is to export the raw data from the Apex into XML, then use Excel or other software to graph the results. Read this thread for instructions on exporting the XML file:

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ing-data-chart
    Bummer Neptune does not give that option. Thanks for the help.

Not sure about this but I think that the apex unit will refresh its data every 24 hours. With that said I have a web server that pulls the XML files at midnight every day. The file then stored as NAME(DATE).XML After that I can manually convert the XML file to a CSV format and open it Excel. Then create line graphs and stuff. But that is way to much work. It would be nice if Neptune Systems Fusion would allow one of two things. More than seven days or a way you can upload your XML files to look at the graphs for that particular day. Or even a converter to convert to the Google supported formats for charts!
    What can be better than having Triggers as pets? Dogs? NO! But they do come close!

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by apex View Post
    Not sure about this but I think that the apex unit will refresh its data every 24 hours. With that said I have a web server that pulls the XML files at midnight every day. The file then stored as NAME(DATE).XML After that I can manually convert the XML file to a CSV format and open it Excel. Then create line graphs and stuff. But that is way to much work. It would be nice if Neptune Systems Fusion would allow one of two things. More than seven days or a way you can upload your XML files to look at the graphs for that particular day. Or even a converter to convert to the Google supported formats for charts!
    Please tell me this issue has been fixed 7 year later?

I am dying to see graphs that are actually helpful. 7 days is not enough!!