Thread: Headless, disconnected from fusion and need to reset ip

Headless, disconnected from fusion and need to reset ip

Hi, I'm certainly not me to the apex at all.. But I have a strange situation.. I need to reset the ip on the junior, but it doesn't have a display.. It's set on my old up address configuration with non dhcp(I believe)..

Any suggestions on how to do this? I'm willing to reset it if need be, but I cannot remember how..

Thanks much..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Unplug it from the wall and plug it back in will do a reset locally. You can also sign into the classic dashboard and reset in the network configuration screen.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Unplug it from the wall and plug it back in will do a reset locally. You can also sign into the classic dashboard and reset in the network configuration screen.

Ok thanks.. I did the unplug and reply, but I will try it again.. Maybe I didn't leave it off long enough.. And I really think the problem is that the ip classes changed from 10.0 naming, to the 192.168 naming(that's why I can't get into classic either I believe).. But I will try the unplug and leave it off for a few minutes and see..

I will report back later as I'm readying for work.. Thanks zombie!

Unfortunately it did not work.. It's there a way to reset it and basically start from scratch? Programming isn't a big deal honestly..

Use the Apex firmware updater; you won't update the firmware in this case. Instead you will just use the discovery feature to locate the Apex (click the magnifying glass icon). Then select the Apex, click the Configure button, and then you'll have the option to reset the network setting to be automatic (DHCP enabled) or to configure them manually. I'm assuming that you use Windows, and will use the Windows version of the firmware updater. The process is similar in the Mac app, but you'll use the Search for Controller menu item instead of the magnifying glass button
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Initializing is more trouble than it's worth. What I would do it is to connect it directly to your computer with WiFi off. Go to Ethernet LAN properties and change the ipv4 settings to 10.0.1.100, subnet to 255.255.255.0 and all else blank. Then use the apex browse utility to figure out the apex ip address if you don't remember it. That will get you to the classic dashboard so you can set DHCP to ON.

If you have a Mac, there is a way to force the apex to DHCP, but I'm not sure if it needs to be on the same subnet. I don't own a Mac so that's all I can tell you about that process.

Zombie - try it before you knock it. Your way is ridiculously hard for most people in comparison to using the tool Neptune provides.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Hmmnn.. Lol.. Tough choice guys.. But, let me try Russ method, as it keeps me hands off from the tank (it's my fiance' so I'm trying to do as little as possible, for her to keep the faith).. She already was angry that she couldn't connect to it last night.. So let me try that.. I'll report back.. And yes, I'm on windows..

Thanks again to the both of you..

Actually zombie, it was extremely easy and took only about 3 minutes to do it the way Russ suggested.. That is a very, very handy little feature!

But thank you zombie.. I appreciate it greatly.. And thank you also very much Russ! Thanks to you guys, I'm back up and running! Well , she is.. Lol

Thanks much again!

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Zombie - try it before you knock it. Your way is ridiculously hard for most people in comparison to using the tool Neptune provides.
    Wasn't knocking your approach, was knocking the OPs suggestion of an initialize. You just posted between me reading his and finishing writing mine. I was under the impression the subnet needed to be the same for the browse to work, which is why I suggested the direct connection. Apparently I was wrong about that requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Wasn't knocking your approach, was knocking the OPs suggestion of an initialize. You just posted between me reading his and finishing writing mine. I was under the impression the subnet needed to be the same for the browse to work, which is why I suggested the direct connection. Apparently I was wrong about that requirement.

Why knocking me? I didn't want to initialize it.. Only if I really had to.. I just wanted to get it connected back so I could control it..

Quote Originally Posted by MatroxD View Post
    Why knocking me? I didn't want to initialize it.. Only if I really had to.. I just wanted to get it connected back so I could control it..

Zombies reply was to my post; it was not directed at you.