Thread: Selling my Apex 2016

Regular Vistor

Selling my Apex 2016

What do I need to do to sell the Apex 2016 so the new owner can set it up without any issues?

There is a tiny hole on the bottom of the head unit. Using a pin or paperclip you can press the button inside. A quick press reboots, 5 seconds resets the network and wants to set up a new wifi link, 20 seconds will factory reset the unit. It should then be ready to be sold and allow the new user to set up however they want.

Regular Vistor
    How do I disconnect it from my fusion account?

I believe if you sign out of your account (Top right in Fusion). Then reset the head unit the token that connected the two wont work anymore. Youd have to setup the Apex again to relink it to your account.

This is the proper way to unlink an Apex from your Fusion account:

In Fusion, in the Apex List page, click the gear icon, and choose Remove. Enter your Fusion password when prompted.

Initializing the Apex to defaults is a good thing to do too, so the owner starts off fresh with a “virgin” Apex. But it’s not the right way to remove it from Fusion.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    What if the previous owner of Apex never did reset their Apex? How do I reset it on my own? The power bar is flashing orange and the head unit isn't lit up at all. It is connected via USB but isn't powered at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarReef View Post
    What if the previous owner of Apex never did reset their Apex? How do I reset it on my own? The power bar is flashing orange and the head unit isn't lit up at all. It is connected via USB but isn't powered at all.
    That is not a good sign. Are you sure it worked before you bought it? No light on the head unit means it's not getting any power. If it's actually connected to the energy bar that could very well mean the head is bricked.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    He said it was working but I should have tested it first. It is under warranty. Will this be covered?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarReef View Post
    He said it was working but I should have tested it first. It is under warranty. Will this be covered?
    Not sure. I don't remember if apex warranty is transferable. Support and the forums can both help regardless but if the head is dead and needs repair or replacement it's possible you may have to pay for it if it's not transferrable. I would contact the seller to get proof of purchase and try using different ports to see if you can get the lights to come on.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Thanks zombie! I already have the proof of purchase. It is only 4 mos old and there is another Neptune post indicating the warranty is transferrable. It's based on date of purchase rather than who purslchsaed it.