Thread: What is the meaning of "Anti-sync"

Frequent Visitor

Question What is the meaning of "Anti-sync"

I don't know why I am having a hard time understanding the meaning of Anti-sync.

I have two MP60s and here is an example setup.

Left MP60 - Constant @ 50%
    Right MP60 - Anti-sync

Can someone please explain the behavior? What exactly happens during the Anti-sync?

New User
    Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anti-sync means that for oscillating type settings (pulse) the anti-sync pump will behave opposite of the master pump (ie. When one is at full intensity the other is at minimum intensity). All other types of modes cannot use antisync in that manner (I believe it automatically changes to sync, but dont quote me on that). Sync means they line up exactly.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Anti-sync means that for oscillating type settings (pulse) the anti-sync pump will behave opposite of the master pump (ie. When one is at full intensity the other is at minimum intensity). All other types of modes cannot use antisync in that manner (I believe it automatically changes to sync, but dont quote me on that). Sync means they line up exactly.

Let's say that at 7am the left pump is at 50%. At the exact same time, the right pump's intensity is less. At what time do they switch off? Is it every few seconds, minutes, hours?

New User
    Does this work for varspd ports?

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe09 View Post
    Let's say that at 7am the left pump is at 50%. At the exact same time, the right pump's intensity is less. At what time do they switch off? Is it every few seconds, minutes, hours?
    Switching off depends on the mode you use. Most don't ever switch off. The intensity you use for the sync/anti-sync I believe is a percentage of the master, which would explain the lower reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman20725 View Post
    Does this work for varspd ports?

No. You can only sync/anti-sync those through proper timing of seperate profiles.

Regular Vistor
    Quick follow up on this thread;

let's say my master MP40 is running Lagoon at a define max intensity throughout the day, when I set an sync or anti-sync profile on the slave MP40 will it run at max 100% intensity (because that's what's in the profile) or default to match the intensity of the master when appropriate?

I'm asking because I have my master varying intensity during the day, and want to make sure that sync or anti-sync profiles would tract that accordingly. i.e. do I leave the profile at 100%, and the fact that its sync or anti-sync will make it track the master maxed defined intensity no matter what?

thanks

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 9.39.02 PM.jpg

Regular Vistor
    nevermind, this was answered elsewhere. Just didn't see it when searching initially.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ight=anti-sync

thanks