Thread: EB832 tripping it's 15amp fuse

Frequent Visitor

EB832 tripping it's 15amp fuse

So my EB832 keeps tripping according to dissolve it's only drawing 4 amps total. When I get home I'll take a screen shot.

I have the following plugged in

return Pump, skimmer, refugium led w/ fan (set to come on 30 minutes before main lights and and 30 minutes after main lights go on), 2 mp40s (in one outlet), 2 XR30W Gen 4 pros into 1 outlet, 2 heaters in separate outlets, 1 automatic super feeder

That means you have an electrical fault in something connected to it. Check your outlet logs to see the last thing that turned on before it tripped. That is likely the culprit.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That means you have an electrical fault in something connected to it. Check your outlet logs to see the last thing that turned on before it tripped. That is likely the culprit.

Actually I think my EB832 stopped working. I have nothing plugged in and it's still tripping.

If I press and hold the reset button it will work, when I let go it stops working

Quote Originally Posted by GugsJr View Post
    Actually I think my EB832 stopped working. I have nothing plugged in and it's still tripping.

If I press and hold the reset button it will work, when I let go it stops working
    Must be an internal fault then. I would contact support.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Must be an internal fault then. I would contact support.

That's what I figured and did. I'm sure I won't get a response until Monday, I ended up just hooking everything up to a regular power bar for now.

Quote Originally Posted by GugsJr View Post
    That's what I figured and did. I'm sure I won't get a response until Monday, I ended up just hooking everything up to a regular power bar for now.
    That's best for sure.

Side note from an electrical safety perspective...Never hold a circuit breaker reset or resettable fuse closed. You can permanently damage the downstream equipment or even start an electrical fire. Always do a quick press to allow it to retrip quickly if the fault is still present.