Thread: New Apex wont connect to my network either hard lined or WiFi.

New User

New Apex wont connect to my network either hard lined or WiFi.

Just got my Apex today and have not been able to get it on the home network through either hard lined or WiFi. Keeps telling me that that there is a communications error...here is what it is giving me. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thx.
    Communication Error

<html><head><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=http://www.dnsrsearch.com/index.php?origURL=http://apex.local/rest/config/nconf&bc="/></head><body><script type="text/javascript">window.location="http://www.dnsrsearch.com/index.php?origURL="+escape(window.location)+"&r="+ escape(document.referrer)+"&bc=";</script></body></html>

Post a screenshot of the error message please.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User

I needed to see the screenshot to get the full context... thanks.

It appears that you have a browser search hijacker installed on your computer... that's the dnsrsearch.com stuff shown in the raw error. It looks to me like your ISP is Time Warner (or Spectrum) and that you have, at some point in the past, installed their Internet tools software, which is supposed to enhance your Internet browsing experience and also protect you but IMO, often causes more problems than it's worth. Among other things it does, it may change the default search engine in your browser to TW's search engine, which is called DNSRsearch. I cannot tell if the DNSrsearch stuff is being caused by an issue with the Apex not responding properly, or if the DNSrsearch stuff is interfering with access to the Apex... it's sort of like that old question: which came first, the chicken or the egg?

A couple of options:

1. Try using a different browser or different computer
    2. Remove that TW software using the Windows Control Panel, Add/remove Programs. It may be called DNSrsearch, Time Warner Toolbar, or something like it. Then go to Chrome's Settings, Manage search engines, and remove the DNSrsearch search engine entry (if there is one).

Side note: I see from the browser tabs on the screenshot that you are researching opening ports in your Netgear router. If you are planning to configure port forwarding in the router to the Apex, I STRONGLY recommend that you do NOT do that unless you are 100% aware of the security ramifications of doing so. APEX Fusion gives you access to your new Apex from anywhere without doing any port forwarding.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Sounds great. Thx for the info, I will try it out and let you know what happens.

New User
    Thx to you and a 17 yr old it works! Thx for the help, now on to config the system.