Thread: Setting up DOS and DDR

Regular Vistor

Setting up DOS and DDR

Ok so I just received my DOS and DDR. First I plugged in the DOS and calibrated the pumps, then plugged the DDR into the DOS, filled up the reservoirs, primed the pumps, went to outputs and selected the left DOS to disperse 9.7 ml (alkalinity) from 00:01 to 12:00 and the right DOS to disperse 7.3 ml (calcium) from 12:01 to 23:59. Is this correct? is it all I need to do? and if so how do I know it is actually working the way I set it up being is such a small amount over a 12 hour period. I'm an apex newbie so any input is greatly appreciated.

That's all you need to do besides keeping an eye out for air bubbles the first few days to make sure everything is sealed well.

If you want, you can measure the amount dispensed in a breaker or graduated cylinder and make sure it's less but close (evaporation will take some away). Some do this, but it's unnecessary IMO.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Okay thanks we will see what happens I haven't seen anything dispensed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Nevermind after my last post I saw it dispense

Ok Set up DDR link to DOS, to Apex power strip link and Aquabus, Needing not to use power pack Correct? But cant prime pumps little orange lights on Than turn blue with prime button but no movement on pumps. updated firmware, which seems to be able to do a few times should I keep updateing? I have DOS_5_1 DOS_5_2 showing up in fusion. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Reef View Post
    Ok Set up DDR link to DOS, to Apex power strip link and Aquabus, Needing not to use power pack Correct? But cant prime pumps little orange lights on Than turn blue with prime button but no movement on pumps. updated firmware, which seems to be able to do a few times should I keep updateing? I have DOS_5_1 DOS_5_2 showing up in fusion. What am I doing wrong?
    You have to use the power supply for a DOS unless you have it connected over 1link

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You have to use the power supply for a DOS unless you have it connected over 1link

Neptune Apex need to get their Sh*t straight or at least Organized Their Info. on equipment an Installing.
    It Sux, it is Missed leading, Missed informed an Outdated, I purchased the Apex 2016, WAV. DOS, and DDR.
    4 days later after calling, emailing Tech, chasing down videos, asking in forums I can finally end this Nightmare. Ty
    I guess I need a extra link cable, because I believe my 1 link is in power pack where WAV's are?

Did you follow the Get Started guide for DOS? https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/dos/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

You do not *need* a 1LINK cable - that is entirely optional. Everything you *need* is packed with the DOS.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Neptune Apex need to get their Sh*t straight or at least Organized Their Info. on equipment an Installing.
    It Sux, it is Missed leading, Missed informed an Outdated, I purchased the Apex 2016, WAV. DOS, and DDR.
    4 days later after calling, emailing Tech, chasing down videos, asking in forums I can finally end this Nightmare. Ty
    I guess I need a extra link cable, because I believe my 1 link is in power pack where WAV's are?
    Just use the power supply for now. If you want it to look cleaner you can (but dont have to) purchase and run a 1 link cable from the brick your WAVs are connected to the DOS. All of the coding you do now will still work if/when you change it to 1link.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    You do not *need* a 1LINK cable - that is entirely optional. Everything you *need* is packed with the DOS.
    Yes to both questions But it was mention somewhere about having the WAV that we dont need the Extra power cord to save on wires, But I will save that for a future adventure, lol.
    New Question: Can I set up to dose every other day or weekly? I just see an Hourly option. I know this might sound crazy but Does tubing Length effect dosing if Alk is longer than Cal. for EX.?

If you want to for example dose on Monday Wednesday Friday, you would add this line in the advanced tab.

If DOW S-T-T-S Then OFF

Setup your programming how you want it to run for the day and then in the advanced tab you can tell it to not run on certain days using:

If DoW -M--T-S Then OFF

Or whatever days you want. If its just once a week:

If DoW SMTWTF- Then OFF.

After your DOS is calibrated and the lines are completely full of dosing liquid the length makes no difference.

Like this? http://prntscr.com/gdqgut If I wanted to do Fri an Tue how would I write that?

Like this? http://prntscr.com/gdqgut If I wanted to do Fri an Tue how would I write that?
    Friday and Tuesday would be SM-WT-S

Like this for On Tue an Fri? http://prntscr.com/gdqjq8

Correct

Cool Tyvm guys

Regular Vistor
    I'm trying to set up dosing on Monday Wednesday Thursday Friday and entered entered If DOW T-SS Then OFF but I keep getting an error when trying to save it.

You need the - for all missing days so it has all 7 accounted for.

Regular Vistor
    Ok thanks

How many times should you be able to upgrade Firmware? I ask because in my Dosing section it will allow me to upload firmware more than once, pretty much the cloud Highlight never goes away Like on the others when its finished

Quote Originally Posted by dshillen View Post
    I'm trying to set up dosing on Monday Wednesday Thursday Friday and entered entered If DOW T-SS Then OFF but I keep getting an error when trying to save it.

S-T---S is what you want. Basically start with SMTWTFS and replace the days you want to dose on with a -

Regular Vistor
    I setup my DOS/DDR last night with no issues. I am dosing BRS Calcium and Alk at 15ml daily to start. With no overlap between them. My question is since I did the calibration the Fusion panel shows all of the setup and testing doses is there a way to remove those doses from the log or do they eventually drop off?

Capture.PNG