Thread: Optical Sensor

Regular Vistor

Optical Sensor

Whats up everybody, fairly new to this and was wondering if I can get some info on programming. I currently hooked up a dos for automatic water changes and it works awesome. Now im in the process of setting up failsafes for the just in case. I currently have a red sea max 260 without cabinet sump so my space is limited so I opted to go with 2 optical sensors in sump behind tank to control low level and high level alarms just in case of motor malfunction on either dos pump motors. What I am trying to do is set one optical sensor lower in the sump and one higher. In order for me to program this properly what would be the steps I need to take to ensure it shuts off outlet on low level or high level. Also is it possible to control dos on/off through usb port without using outlet on Eb8. Thanks any info would be greatly appreciated.

Add these lines in the advanced tab of the dos config (replace switch names)

If LowSw OPEN Then OFF
    If HighSw CLOSED Then OFF

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you for that info. Do the switches for the optical sensors need to be paired up with the switches from the dos.

No. They can be paired with the DOS (gives you the added bonus of the volume tiles on the dashboard, but does require some unsupported DIY), or used with an FMM.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for your help. I will hopefully get to setting it up this weekend and see how it goes.