Thread: How old was the Classic Apex when the Apex 2016 came out?

How old was the Classic Apex when the Apex 2016 came out?

How old was the Classic Apex when the Apex 2016 came out? And looking into a crystal ball if you could, about how many years from now will the 2016 be replaced.

It came out in 2009. I would guess the next gen apex is probably slated for like 2024.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    It came out in 2009. I would guess the next gen apex is probably slated for like 2024.

what is this 'guess' based on? Do you guess it will be backwards compatible? with the Apex 2016? with the apex classic? Do you guess it will have a different color?

Quote Originally Posted by mnmnmn View Post
    what is this 'guess' based on? Do you guess it will be backwards compatible? with the Apex 2016? with the apex classic? Do you guess it will have a different color?
    It's based on the release cycles previously. Last cycle was 7 years and they have been getting longer not shorter as the product has grown. So I assume 8 year cycle before next one. Considering the apex was backward compatible with ac3 modules and the 2016 is backwards compatible with both, I would assume the next one would be backward compatible as well.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks - makes sense - though I think many people are not happy that the Trident is not compatible with the non-2016 apex. Who knows what technology will evolve into in 7-8 years. It will be interesting.