Thread: Updating web pages

Frequent Visitor

Updating web pages

So for like the last 3 firmware updates, I can update the firmware just fine with no issues but when I go to update the Web Pages I have received an error:
    Uploading file: aihost.bin...
    Operation failed with the following error information:
    The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

Now it hasn't affected anything that I can tell (as in the apex works fine, the apex browse utility works fine and fusion all work) but I would really like to figure out why I cant update it as the instructions say to do. Thanks for the help.

Did you wait a few minutes in between for the apex to finish booting?

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    yeah I waited like 10 minutes in between, also made sure ip was correct, also closed the flash utility, reopened and tried just the web pages and all net the same result

Uploading file: aihost.bin...

Did you remember to turn off WiFi on your computer? That can cause that behavior as well.

Close any browser windows which may be accessing the Apex Classic Dashboard while uploading web pages
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Hmmmmm I am at my wits end. Spent the better part of today trying to figure this out with no luck. Closed all windows, turned off my firewall and internet security, tweeked a bunch of other things all with no luck. What will happen or what am I missing if I don't update the web pages. Everything seems to be working fine, The apex browser utility loads up and works fine, fusion works fine and all my programming in correct and up to date in the apex. Just wondering what updating the web pages even does.

Quote Originally Posted by jaws789872 View Post
    Hmmmmm I am at my wits end. Spent the better part of today trying to figure this out with no luck. Closed all windows, turned off my firewall and internet security, tweeked a bunch of other things all with no luck. What will happen or what am I missing if I don't update the web pages. Everything seems to be working fine, The apex browser utility loads up and works fine, fusion works fine and all my programming in correct and up to date in the apex. Just wondering what updating the web pages even does.
    Updating the web pages allows the classic dashboard to function. Fusion will work fine without it, but things like updating module firmware, configuring an FMM, setting season tables, etc. will not function unless the web firmware matches the apex firmware.

Frequent Visitor
    Well I finally got it. Its something in kasperspy. Just closing the program didn't get it, I actually had to remove it from the startup. Once I did that it worked. Must be something hidden in the background that prevents it from working.

Good catch. That kinda stuff if why I only use Windows defender.