Thread: Can I manually input a PH reading different than what my probe indicates?

Frequent Visitor

Can I manually input a PH reading different than what my probe indicates?

Is it possible to manually input a reading on my PH graph? My ph test using the Red Sea Multi Test kit is different then my probe. That will make things interesting. I realize the probe is probably more accurate, especially since I just calibrated it less than one week ago. But now I want to know if manually inputting data points can be done. Anyone? I was able to do it on the Alkalinity graph. But that doesn't have a probe associated with it. I made a note of the change in my notes. Added the ALK update in the graph. Any suggestions on where I might keep a record of the difference for the pH instead of notes if its not possible to manually input it in the graph?

Yes, you can do that. Use the "Other" test type. Be sure to use the exact same name for each manual test kit entry, such as RS_pH. As long as you do use the same name, all results will be plotted on a single graph which you can then overlay (compare) with the pH probe data.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    I think I got it! Big help. Thanks. If I'm understanding this, I can add as many graphs as I like, as long as when I input the data I select the proper name for each graph I'd like the new data point to be inserted. Is that correct?