Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Trident FAQ

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Debacle View Post
    Well said. And quite a bit more nice than I would have put it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    We'll put.
    We survived in this hobby for a long time without any Apex and I'm sure we would continue to do so if needed be. Technology got us comfortable but it is nice to have.
    I got the new Apex before Trident was announced and it has so many other cool features that the old one did not. So those who got the new Apex just to have a Trident that was very foolish and most of those people will not be in this hobby on a long haul.
    Take your time Neptune and give us a product that is robust. I wouldn't wanna be the guy complaining that it broke took wrong measurements and crashed my tank and be told well you shouldn't just always rely on technology. You always need a back up in this hobby.
    Until than I'm happy to use my old school testers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Well that spun a bit out of control, not that I have to defend myself because I DONT, but I am a huge fan of Neptune and the apex and I run just about all of their gear on my 300 and the post was simply to throw out what I heard and see if anyone knew anything, this was not a post to attack any of you that are tender and never brought Neptune , apex or @terrance’s reputation or ethics into question, merely saying some updates good bad or indifferent would have most likely worded off me getting and sharing a rumor! And I liked that video and if more of us including myself knew about that it would have been nice(might be my bad on that as I use this forum as my only frame of reference)

New User
    I heard a few comments today about a Trident update buried in a long video in the Neptune Facebook page. Also noticed that a photo appeared on our local club page of what looks like one under someone's sump. Anyone have a short version for those of us that don't want to watch the hour long video?

Frequent Visitor
    Hey Neptune Team!

Just a quick work to congratulate you guys on Trident!
    Very welcome update in "let's talk reef"

Thank you for making my life simpler and safer everyday over the past 4 years and looking forward to a release of Trident. See if all my Portuguese Reef fellow stop joking with me ... LOL!

All the best,
    Rui

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jccaclimber View Post
    I heard a few comments today about a Trident update buried in a long video in the Neptune Facebook page. Also noticed that a photo appeared on our local club page of what looks like one under someone's sump. Anyone have a short version for those of us that don't want to watch the hour long video?
    here’s the short version - Terrance gave 2 production model Tridents to his 2 Uber-reefer guests to use on their own tanks and report results, then stated the Neptune insiders will get them “in a few weeks”, there will be several rounds of insider testing. My take on it, best case scenario if all goes well in testing, is 90 days till release. That was not stated, I’m just adding up the likely testing timeframes. Nothing was stated difinitively.

what you saw under sumps was those belonging to Terence and other Neptune staff.

Regular Vistor
    that is great news, that is for the update and i will go and try and find/watch the video now.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jccaclimber View Post

It wasn't buried. Most of the video was about the trident. You should watch the video.

If you can't be bothered to watch a video, are you really that interested?

Regular Vistor
    yes, i think that was a good update and sounds like they are progressing and things look good, definitely not hidden or buried as i found it easy once i knew where to look. i guess facebook is neptunes official forum and this forum is for something else. Regardless of that i think that was exciting information

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal7887 View Post

It wasn't buried. Most of the video was about the trident. You should watch the video.

Not a very helpful response. Most of the video was not about a release date, which is what many were interested in.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg1960 View Post
    Not a very helpful response. Most of the video was not about a release date, which is what many were interested in.
    They did talk about a release date... or lack there of. They specifically said it's based on how testing goes. They aren't committing to a date until it has successfully made it through testing.

Sorry if you were offended. Just tired of seeing people trolling Neptune while they are working on R & D for a great upcoming product.

Quote Originally Posted by scott11106 View Post
    Well that spun a bit out of control, not that I have to defend myself because I DONT, but I am a huge fan of Neptune and the apex and I run just about all of their gear on my 300 and the post was simply to throw out what I heard and see if anyone knew anything, this was not a post to attack any of you that are tender and never brought Neptune , apex or @terrance’s reputation or ethics into question, merely saying some updates good bad or indifferent would have most likely worded off me getting and sharing a rumor! And I liked that video and if more of us including myself knew about that it would have been nice(might be my bad on that as I use this forum as my only frame of reference)
    They did talk about a release date... or lack there of. They specifically said it's based on how testing goes. They aren't committing to a date until it has successfully made it through testing.

Sorry if you were offended. Just tired of seeing people trolling Neptune while they are working on R & D for a great upcoming product.
    There are those of us that don't do Facebook. For us if it's not here it isn't happening.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

New User
    The videos are on Youtube as well.
    If you are subscribe to Neptune Systems on Youtube you would be notified of new videos.

New User

I plan to watch the video, but I also knew it would be at least a day before I get a solid hour to do so whereas it only takes 5 minutes to read the reply I figured I would get. If there was real news I figured the conversation here should be open again anyways.

Regular Vistor
    I’m super pumped to get one! Thanks for the update video!

Wow good Lord just let them do what's needed to make sure it's a great addition. Stop rushing them. The same ones rushing them will be the first ones to complain when it doesnt work properly. It sucks its taking so long however I want it to be perfect before I spend several hundred dollars on this thing and it be a piece of crap so I'll wait as long as it takes. Keep pushing them to release it sooner and your screwing us all.... heck I prepaid for a moai glass cleaner over a year ago and I'm still waiting on it. Let them get it right..

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joenla View Post
    Wow good Lord just let them do what's needed to make sure it's a great addition. Stop rushing them. The same ones rushing them will be the first ones to complain when it doesnt work properly. It sucks its taking so long however I want it to be perfect before I spend several hundred dollars on this thing and it be a piece of crap so I'll wait as long as it takes. Keep pushing them to release it sooner and your screwing us all.... heck I prepaid for a moai glass cleaner over a year ago and I'm still waiting on it. Let them get it right..
    +1

I pretty much said the same thing on the FB page. I just think some people like to complain. Doesn't matter what anyone does they'll find something wrong.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk