Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 177

Thread: Trident FAQ

  1. #151
    NSI Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SE Mass
    Posts
    366
    Well let's hope your "trustworthy" source is wrong this time.

    I'm sure a lot of people purchased the new 2016 Apex with the intent of purchasing a Trident as it was touted that you would need the 2016 Apex.

    Otherwise I bet some would have stayed with the Apex Classic.

  2. #152
    Regular Vistor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    47
    I don't think it's true.... They have shown them working. Even in the live streams.

    They are way behind schedule. But a scrap.... Don't think so.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  3. #153
    Regular Vistor
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Fletcher, NC
    Posts
    24
    I really hope that it is not right also as i am one of those people that purchased the new Apex for the trident, but i must say i love the apex gear and it works great. I only passed this information along as it is from a reputable source and even though it is normal for companies to release way before the product is ready the secretive nature got me digging. Either way i am a fan of APEX and would not change my thoughts on buying and using their gear with or without the trident.

  4. #154
    Frequent Visitor bigjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Carpentersville, Il
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by scott11106 View Post
    I really hope that it is not right also as i am one of those people that purchased the new Apex for the trident
    If I was one of the people with a perfectly fine (working) Apex Classic and I spent money on a 2016 for the sole purpose of being able to run the Trident I would be one seriously POed customer.

  5. #155
    Frequent Contributor zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,602
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    If I was one of the people with a perfectly fine (working) Apex Classic and I spent money on a 2016 for the sole purpose of being able to run the Trident I would be one seriously POed customer.
    I bet you could count the number of those customers on one hand. There are a fair number of people who upgraded and the ability to use the Trident probably played a role in their decision, but upgraded for other reasons like amps/watts monitoring, etc. Someone upgrading purely for the trident before it even has an official release date is not something someone who isn't absolutely loaded would consider.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  6. #156
    VP Sales and Marketing Terence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by scott11106 View Post
    I really hope that it is not right also as i am one of those people that purchased the new Apex for the trident, but i must say i love the apex gear and it works great. I only passed this information along as it is from a reputable source and even though it is normal for companies to release way before the product is ready the secretive nature got me digging. Either way i am a fan of APEX and would not change my thoughts on buying and using their gear with or without the trident.
    So much for that source continuing to be reputable.
    Terence Fugazzi :: VP Sales and Marketing :: Neptune Systems

  7. #157
    VP Sales and Marketing Terence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    If I was one of the people with a perfectly fine (working) Apex Classic and I spent money on a 2016 for the sole purpose of being able to run the Trident I would be one seriously POed customer.
    If a customer told me that was their sole reason for buying latest Apex, I would either try and make them see all the other reasons, or encourage them to wait. My guess is nearly all customers who upgraded from the Apex Classic, for whatever the reason, are at this point happy they did so, regardless of Trident.
    Terence Fugazzi :: VP Sales and Marketing :: Neptune Systems

  8. #158
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New Hampton, NY
    Posts
    91
    I totally get the hurdles and hardships of bringing products to market , the delays, the setbacks and all the other challenging feats that come along with it.... what concerns me in the case of the trident is the absolute lack of information that the public is getting regarding this.... were being kept in the dark and this bothers me... this day and age customers want transparency, and in return the customers then give understanding and loyalty back to the brand.

  9. #159
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    86
    Good grief I need to unsubscribe from updates on this thread. Talk about beating a dead horse.

    It's not ready, they are working on it as fast as possible and It won't be released until it is ready. That's been the consistent message from the beginning.

    Posting disparaging comments or rumors about them on here or elsewhere isn't going to change that the fact that: It's not ready, they are working on it as fast as possible and It won't be released until it is ready.

    I personally appreciate when a manufacturer gets it right the first time when they release a product rather than rush it to market.

  10. #160
    VP Sales and Marketing Terence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by isomorphic85 View Post
    I totally get the hurdles and hardships of bringing products to market , the delays, the setbacks and all the other challenging feats that come along with it.... what concerns me in the case of the trident is the absolute lack of information that the public is getting regarding this.... were being kept in the dark and this bothers me... this day and age customers want transparency, and in return the customers then give understanding and loyalty back to the brand.
    Total transparency here. We are working on it. It is our #1 priority. Some will soon go into the hands of our NSI team. After we get satisfaction there, we will build them and move them out to the general public. I have been saying this for months. I get that people would like to have an exact date, but thats not going to happen at this point. We are not going to set a date and disappoint, so we hope customers will understand and know that we are committed to this product and pushing it forward. Trust me, we want it out there too, more than anyone else I can assure you. As with any company, we have a financial incentive to do so and begin recouping our investment in R&D.
    Terence Fugazzi :: VP Sales and Marketing :: Neptune Systems

  11. #161
    Regular Vistor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Total transparency here. We are working on it. It is our #1 priority. Some will soon go into the hands of our NSI team. After we get satisfaction there, we will build them and move them out to the general public. I have been saying this for months. I get that people would like to have an exact date, but thats not going to happen at this point. We are not going to set a date and disappoint, so we hope customers will understand and know that we are committed to this product and pushing it forward. Trust me, we want it out there too, more than anyone else I can assure you. As with any company, we have a financial incentive to do so and begin recouping our investment in R&D.
    I couldn't say it better.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  12. #162
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    If a customer told me that was their sole reason for buying latest Apex, I would either try and make them see all the other reasons, or encourage them to wait. My guess is nearly all customers who upgraded from the Apex Classic, for whatever the reason, are at this point happy they did so, regardless of Trident.
    This is confusing. Why not say, "We are close and committed, you made the right decision getting the latest Apex". The Trident announcement was quite some time ago. Your response gives me the feeling that it will be a while.

    Not being critical.

    I will buy one when it comes just because I have so much Neptune gear and I am lucky enough to NOT have a budget for Tech for my tank. ProfiLux is calling though.

    As we all know, you don't need daily, weekly monitoring of MG. High PPT in SW. And you don't need daily monitoring of CA. Keep it up. KH is the key. It tells you if there are issues with the others, thus the plethora of KH monitors entering the marketplace.

    Onward....

  13. #163
    NSI Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Cary NC
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by wwanthony View Post
    This is confusing. Why not say, "We are close and committed, you made the right decision getting the latest Apex". The Trident announcement was quite some time ago. Your response gives me the feeling that it will be a while.

    Not being critical.

    I will buy one when it comes just because I have so much Neptune gear and I am lucky enough to NOT have a budget for Tech for my tank. ProfiLux is calling though.

    As we all know, you don't need daily, weekly monitoring of MG. High PPT in SW. And you don't need daily monitoring of CA. Keep it up. KH is the key. It tells you if there are issues with the others, thus the plethora of KH monitors entering the marketplace.

    Onward....
    sounds like the Trident won’t add any value for you, so the release date is a non issue. As you say, many other KH monitors and that’s all you want anyway. For me, I look at the whole Neptune experience, including how well they have helped me with questions and issues along the way, and it’s a company I trust. Therefore, I trust their judgement around their decisions regarding the Trident.

  14. #164
    Regular Vistor
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Fletcher, NC
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    So much for that source continuing to be reputable.
    not really a professional response, but at least it is a response so that is good.

    dedicated, eager customers on here just trying to figure out some sort of status on your very exciting new product. Neptune should not take things or comments like this as negative but if you release monthly/quarterly updates with some small details even if there are no firm dates it would be nice, and actually, it would be a good sales tool as it would ripple through the industry and give free press for your company and product..just my 2cents..

  15. #165
    Regular Vistor
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Fletcher, NC
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Total transparency here. We are working on it. It is our #1 priority. Some will soon go into the hands of our NSI team. After we get satisfaction there, we will build them and move them out to the general public. I have been saying this for months. I get that people would like to have an exact date, but thats not going to happen at this point. We are not going to set a date and disappoint, so we hope customers will understand and know that we are committed to this product and pushing it forward. Trust me, we want it out there too, more than anyone else I can assure you. As with any company, we have a financial incentive to do so and begin recouping our investment in R&D.
    this is a much better response and at least a bit of a confidence builder. Again, the people on here frustrated or not are your dedicated customers because why else would we spend time logging on, checking, searching and asking for some hope of the new products being released? Most of us understand that things dont always happen fast but we are on your forum and others so overall be are your base. We all rather have the product 100% vs just releasing crap but i dont think that is the problem as much as some P.R.

  16. #166
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Grandville, Mi
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by scott11106 View Post
    not really a professional response, but at least it is a response so that is good.
    Dedicated customer or not, I don't think that's fair to Terrence. He probably gets asked 20 times a day "something something Trident something released?" Someone coming on here and trying to spread a rumor about the Trident being shelved warrants a response, and that's what they got. The update he gave yesterday is the same update we've heard the last week or so during livestreams and many other places. If people can't search around or look in appropriate places to get an update, it may be best to have a place where said updates are posted, but that likely won't happen. A FAQ page or something that gets updated whenever it gets updated.

  17. #167
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg1960 View Post
    sounds like the Trident won’t add any value for you, so the release date is a non issue. As you say, many other KH monitors and that’s all you want anyway. For me, I look at the whole Neptune experience, including how well they have helped me with questions and issues along the way, and it’s a company I trust. Therefore, I trust their judgement around their decisions regarding the Trident.
    Well. I have been with Neptune since the release of the first AquaController. Trust is not the point. I responded because the language was a little terse.

    I enjoy Neptune Systems products and am all in on the ecosystem also. I have everything. The Trident looks like a fun device. If it works well it will be great, so saying I don't think it would add value is incorrect. The TECH in the hobby now has made it so much more interesting. I was just stating what the experts (Randy Holmes-Farley, etc) in the hobby tell us. ALK is the key. At the end of the day I wish we had probes/methods to auto-monitor absolutely everything, including potassium, iron, iodine, etc. Give me all the gadgets.

    Trusting their judgement around the Trident is moot. It is their product. I don't care when they release it. They get there when they get there. In the meantime we have our test kits. I will be in on the presale.......

  18. #168
    Regular Vistor
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Fletcher, NC
    Posts
    24
    agreed, but I am the one that posted the so-called rumor and qualified it with a disclaimer but I could not find any other data so I shared what I heard. call it what you will but if the information is not readily available especially through the Neptune forum then I am not sure what the appropriate place is. I do not know Terrence and I am sure he is nice but I am sure that I am not the only one asking, however, I certainly would not have posted anything anywhere if I could find information about this.

  19. #169
    New User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by scott11106 View Post
    agreed, but I am the one that posted the so-called rumor and qualified it with a disclaimer but I could not find any other data so I shared what I heard. call it what you will but if the information is not readily available especially through the Neptune forum then I am not sure what the appropriate place is. I do not know Terrence and I am sure he is nice but I am sure that I am not the only one asking, however, I certainly would not have posted anything anywhere if I could find information about this.
    Your comment was loaded, a lie, and a good attempt at stirring the thread to get Terrance to reply with something.

  20. #170
    New User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1
    When will it be available?
    We hope to have units in the hands of our Neptune Systems Insiders by the end of Q1/2018 and have it available to the general public in Q2/2018.


    ​Any update on this?

  21. #171
    NSI Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    If a customer told me that was their sole reason for buying latest Apex, I would either try and make them see all the other reasons, or encourage them to wait. My guess is nearly all customers who upgraded from the Apex Classic, for whatever the reason, are at this point happy they did so, regardless of Trident.
    Initially this was my sole reason for upgrading back in April. As someone who is color blind, dealing with test kits is a PITA and I always need to have someone around when I need to test. I rely on Hanna checkers but when something doesn't look right I grab a Red Sea Pro test to verify. But Cal & Mag are impossible for me to do myself, with the new Alk coloring they're using I can do that one. But the old Alk was as bad as the Mag test for me.

    So when I saw the 2016 was needed I wanted to be ahead of the game. Had I known at the time it was going to be another year for Trident I would probably have waited. But at this point I'm glad I did it then. I recouped about half the money by selling the classic and I like a lot of the features the 2016 has. Especially having 2 24v ports closer to where I need them.

    I guess I've been looking at this like smoking a good brisket... it'll be done when it's done. But I'm sure getting hungry

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  22. #172
    New User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    If I was one of the people with a perfectly fine (working) Apex Classic and I spent money on a 2016 for the sole purpose of being able to run the Trident I would be one seriously POed customer.
    I bought it about 6 months ago, for the Trident alone. But after I got installed, it actually became nice to get rid of all my cobbled together DIY arduino controllers. All I really want is a webcam and an daily ALK monitor though. PO4 and NO3 weekly auto test would be the final desire, aside from the trident of course.

    I last spoke to one of their representatives at a tradeshow in September, and he said they are doing everything they can to get it to us by Xmas, but manufacturing delays etc. I know how it is, as I'm in the same electronics industry, it's tough to stay on time for a new product.

  23. #173
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Veetz89 View Post
    Your comment was loaded, a lie, and a good attempt at stirring the thread to get Terrance to reply with something.
    You just said exactly what I was thinking. I saw the rumor and thought "OK so Terrance is lying and My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

    I can't imagine me formulating a more professional response to someone insulting my professional integrity. I want a Trident also, but at what point would some of you be happy with updates? If we got monthly updates, someone would want weekly, then daily, then hourly... R&D doesn't work like that. You can be 2 months ahead, fail a durability test and suddenly be 2 months behind. Now are you going to call someone a liar because they said they were 2 months ahead? Are you going to rant because it failed a test, so it must suck? Do they need to share their trade secrets to you and explain why the extrusion process of the "kneuter valve" is important and they need to work with a supplier to improve process repeatability? I work for a massive auto supplier and some of you sound more demanding than a plant manger losing millions an hour because cars can't be built every 75 seconds.

    As far as people who upgraded in advance being pissed or people buying an alkatronic because they just can't wait for Trident here are my thoughts: I'm jealous that you have that much money laying around that you urgently need to throw at your aquarium. Not jealous in a bad way, I wish I could do that. I'm certainly not poor, I wouldn't be in this hobby if I was. I'm personally glad I know Trident is coming out someday. I might be buying Hanna checkers or alkatronics, but then I would have a hard time justifying also buying a Trident. So I will hold off on buying those and save my money for the Trident and keep using my Red Sea kits like I always have. I would however be upset if I spent $500 on a Trident and it didn't work. I'm cool with them taking their time and getting it right. In the meantime I can do things like put a Kamoer FX-STP on my CaRX, because I'm tired of messing with needle/pinch valves and filters (It's awesome BTW). This should enhance my experience with Trident instead of making me feel guilty about buying something that is somewhat redundant with things I have already spent a lot of money on.

  24. #174
    NSI Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    us, central time
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Diznaster View Post
    You just said exactly what I was thinking. I saw the rumor and thought "OK so Terrance is lying and My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

    I can't imagine me formulating a more professional response to someone insulting my professional integrity. I want a Trident also, but at what point would some of you be happy with updates? If we got monthly updates, someone would want weekly, then daily, then hourly... R&D doesn't work like that. You can be 2 months ahead, fail a durability test and suddenly be 2 months behind. Now are you going to call someone a liar because they said they were 2 months ahead? Are you going to rant because it failed a test, so it must suck? Do they need to share their trade secrets to you and explain why the extrusion process of the "kneuter valve" is important and they need to work with a supplier to improve process repeatability? I work for a massive auto supplier and some of you sound more demanding than a plant manger losing millions an hour because cars can't be built every 75 seconds.

    As far as people who upgraded in advance being pissed or people buying an alkatronic because they just can't wait for Trident here are my thoughts: I'm jealous that you have that much money laying around that you urgently need to throw at your aquarium. Not jealous in a bad way, I wish I could do that. I'm certainly not poor, I wouldn't be in this hobby if I was. I'm personally glad I know Trident is coming out someday. I might be buying Hanna checkers or alkatronics, but then I would have a hard time justifying also buying a Trident. So I will hold off on buying those and save my money for the Trident and keep using my Red Sea kits like I always have. I would however be upset if I spent $500 on a Trident and it didn't work. I'm cool with them taking their time and getting it right. In the meantime I can do things like put a Kamoer FX-STP on my CaRX, because I'm tired of messing with needle/pinch valves and filters (It's awesome BTW). This should enhance my experience with Trident instead of making me feel guilty about buying something that is somewhat redundant with things I have already spent a lot of money on.
    Well said. And quite a bit more nice than I would have put it.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  25. #175
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Diznaster View Post
    You just said exactly what I was thinking. I saw the rumor and thought "OK so Terrance is lying and My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

    I can't imagine me formulating a more professional response to someone insulting my professional integrity. I want a Trident also, but at what point would some of you be happy with updates? If we got monthly updates, someone would want weekly, then daily, then hourly... R&D doesn't work like that. You can be 2 months ahead, fail a durability test and suddenly be 2 months behind. Now are you going to call someone a liar because they said they were 2 months ahead? Are you going to rant because it failed a test, so it must suck? Do they need to share their trade secrets to you and explain why the extrusion process of the "kneuter valve" is important and they need to work with a supplier to improve process repeatability? I work for a massive auto supplier and some of you sound more demanding than a plant manger losing millions an hour because cars can't be built every 75 seconds.

    As far as people who upgraded in advance being pissed or people buying an alkatronic because they just can't wait for Trident here are my thoughts: I'm jealous that you have that much money laying around that you urgently need to throw at your aquarium. Not jealous in a bad way, I wish I could do that. I'm certainly not poor, I wouldn't be in this hobby if I was. I'm personally glad I know Trident is coming out someday. I might be buying Hanna checkers or alkatronics, but then I would have a hard time justifying also buying a Trident. So I will hold off on buying those and save my money for the Trident and keep using my Red Sea kits like I always have. I would however be upset if I spent $500 on a Trident and it didn't work. I'm cool with them taking their time and getting it right. In the meantime I can do things like put a Kamoer FX-STP on my CaRX, because I'm tired of messing with needle/pinch valves and filters (It's awesome BTW). This should enhance my experience with Trident instead of making me feel guilty about buying something that is somewhat redundant with things I have already spent a lot of money on.
    Well the only thing I would have changed in this statement is ... change the kamoer for a DOS ... working wonders in my carx over the past year!

    All the best,
    Rui


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •