Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Trident FAQ

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    We have been given pretty strict orders on keeping everything quiet for now. The replies you might get are vague, not intended to be rude but we've been asked to say little at this time so you may not get a ton of replies. i can tell you that the device works great, easy to setup and has been pretty much set and forget. The one thing that impressed me was the size and how compact it is. Other than that, more details to come when we can.
    Are you guys allowed to say how long you've had the units and how long you'll be testing them for?

Different NSI members have received them at different times. The first ones were at the beginning of the year - 2nd week if I remember correctly. NSI will continue with the Trident for an indefinite time. Could be a number of weeks, could be a number of months. What I can say at this point is that we have had some important learning already and that things, in general, are so far, going to plan. Now don't even ask what you are thinking I won't answer...
    Terence Fugazzi :: VP Sales and Marketing :: Neptune Systems

Frequent Visitor
    Where is it coming out?!?!? Joke...

Well I'm glad that everything is going according to plan and no delays so far.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Different NSI members have received them at different times. The first ones were at the beginning of the year - 2nd week if I remember correctly. NSI will continue with the Trident for an indefinite time. Could be a number of weeks, could be a number of months. What I can say at this point is that we have had some important learning already and that things, in general, are so far, going to plan. Now don't even ask what you are thinking I won't answer...
    What does NSI stand for? Neptune... Something... Insider?

New User
    Can anyone give the dimensions and how close unit has to be to sample source?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by deputydog95 View Post
    What does NSI stand for? Neptune... Something... Insider?
    It's the Neptune Systems Insiders program. See https://www.neptunesystems.com/nsi/ for details.

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennytze View Post
    Can anyone give the dimensions and how close unit has to be to sample source?
    These are not exact measurements.

The unit in my cabinet is about 12 inches deep, about 9.5 inches tall (at its highest point), and about 4.5 inches wide.

New User
    Thank you so much!

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SuncrestReef View Post
    It's the Neptune Systems Insiders program. See https://www.neptunesystems.com/nsi/ for details.
    Interesting program. I would have liked to have gotten in on that. Unfortunately they aren't accepting any new "members". Maybe next time....

I can't wait for the Trident to come out. I enjoy all things reef tank. Even the maintenance. But I despise testing

Frequent Visitor
    I wish it was just a typical box. This swooping design makes it awkward to position in your stand or near fish equipment. Wonder if the design of the case is related to something with the internals.

New User
    Will we be able to add additional tests to the case/unit(in future), or will we be looking at another unit to install?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

New User
    Nitrate/phosphate or even dissolved oxygen would be cool, but I’d guess that as a different unit.
    It will be interesting to see if anyone repurposes the metering portion of the device to run different tests. It would be nice if they open sourced it, but that seems unlikely.

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jccaclimber View Post
    Nitrate/phosphate or even dissolved oxygen would be cool, but I’d guess that as a different unit.
    It will be interesting to see if anyone repurposes the metering portion of the device to run different tests. It would be nice if they open sourced it, but that seems unlikely.
    Dissolved O2 monitoring has been available for a long time. It costs about $800 to do so (PM3 module $94, O2 probe $700)
    https://www.neptunesystems.com/produ...solved-oxygen/

Unlike Ca, dKh, Mg, which can be monitored and adjusted on the fly so to speak, nitrate and phosphate changes slowly and is easy to manually check.
    Plus if you did need to take measures to correct those two, it would be much more intense than simple dozing of a product.
    So I would highly doubt you will see any sort of reliable automatic testing device for them.
    Just keep you tank clean, don't over feed, and nitrate and phosphate won't be a problem.

New User
    I think you’ve missed my point. I can do these things, but would rather not do so. I can dose manually, but I prefer a dosing pump. Pouring some water in my tank is easy, but I still have an ATO. Ever seen someone with an auto feeder for frozen food? Some of us travel regularly.
    The dissolved oxygen probe is pricy and maintenance intensive with the membrane. There are other ways to test that.
    Nitrate and phosphate may be stable hour over hour, but I’d still rather spend my time doing trimming my coral, not testing those.
    I actually dose nitrate in to my system to keep it above zero, so I could adjust remotely if I had test results.

NSI Member
    Points well taken, but at some point automation isn't a good thing.

Frequent Visitor
    Wow, they haven't even released the trident yet and some of you are already looking for more. Baby steps people!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

New User
    That's funny, lol.
    Why stop now?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk