Thread: NOTICE: "Power Restored" alerts will be ending

Frequent Contributor

NOTICE: "Power Restored" alerts will be ending

This is a notice to let you all know that the "Power Restored" alerts will be ending in the next few days. We are doing this because they are now obsolete given the introduction this year of our "Heartbeat" feature which does the same sort of notification and much more - it actually tells you when your Apex goes offline for any reason.

So, if you have not yet done it, please enable Heartbeat on your Apex.

More information and instructions on how to enable Heartbeat can be found in the video below:

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

New User
    To be clear, if I have email alerts set up to tell me when my Apex loses/regains power (via power monitor setting), this will still work? I will still be able to have these alerts? Because it sounds like Heartbeat just notifies you when you lose internet, which could be associated with losing power, but not necessarily in every case.

Thanks.

@PlanB, you are correct - this upcoming change does not affect alerts stemming from your use of If Power statements.

Heartbeat notifies of a loss of communications lasting 35-40 minutes or more between an Apex and Apex Fusion for *any* reason - power loss, loss of Internet service, etc.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thanks, @RussM

Great new Feature. Thank you!

I still get the Power Failure and Power Restored notifications (iOS push and Email). Did they postpone the removal of this feature?
    I have Heartbeat feature enabled...
    Last edited by rsucre; 11-04-2017 at 15:14. Reason: Clarification

Frequent Visitor
    Yea, there is still an issue I get where sometimes network issues still cause the Apex to reboot, leading to the power failure messages. This is with the latest firmware. In fact, my Heartbeat drops and reboots had been stable for the last month until I installed 5.03_AB17. Now I get multiple heartbeat drops a day and have gotten one reboot. Not sure if it's related.

Quote Originally Posted by rjkrejci View Post
    Yea, there is still an issue I get where sometimes network issues still cause the Apex to reboot, leading to the power failure messages. This is with the latest firmware. In fact, my Heartbeat drops and reboots had been stable for the last month until I installed 5.03_AB17. Now I get multiple heartbeat drops a day and have gotten one reboot. Not sure if it's related.
    Exact same situation. Network issues cause a reboot that is handled as a Power Outage. I don't have an issue with reboots being handled as power outage, but with the fact that the network issues cause a reboot. It is just a matter of time until any internet connection has an issue and then your Apex reboots.

Frequent Visitor
    Yea, that still completely baffles me why on earth anything on the network should cause a reboot. Should be able to run autonomously. The worst thing for me is that my return pump is controlled using the variable speed on the Apex unit, and this basically turns my return pump off during the reboot since it can't fall back since it's on the unit itself.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by rjkrejci View Post
    Yea, that still completely baffles me why on earth anything on the network should cause a reboot. Should be able to run autonomously. The worst thing for me is that my return pump is controlled using the variable speed on the Apex unit, and this basically turns my return pump off during the reboot since it can't fall back since it's on the unit itself.
    Same thing with mine, variable speed return pump that restarts every time the re-boot occurs.
    So far today we have re-booted 3 times and 8 times yesterday.
    Shame on me for updating the software, no issues prior to that.

S

Frequent Visitor
    I've started a thread specific to Apex 2016 here to give additional visibility to the issue:
    https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...121#post131121