Thread: ATO tank

New User

ATO tank

I have two of the apex switches on my ATO tank. I'm trying to have the low switch when open turn on the solenoid
    and the high switch closed turn off the solenoid. So the problem I have is when the low switch goes open the solenoid opens but as soon as it goes back to closed the solenoid goes off. I assume there is a code to tell the solenoid to stay on until the high switch is closed even if the low switch shows closed?

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATT_3 OPEN Then ON
    If ATT_4 CLOSED Then OFF
    If ALD_1 CLOSED Then OFF

LOL - I provided the answer for this same problem just a few minutes ago. https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...nk-osmosi-load
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thanks for the help

New User
    so what you said worked but now when my ATT_4 goes open the pump runs until closed. I want it not to run until the ATT_3 is open

Quote Originally Posted by Penipen63 View Post
    so what you said worked but now when my ATT_4 goes open the pump runs until closed. I want it not to run until the ATT_3 is open
    What you say here does not seem to correlate with your first post, but you did not previously say what switch does what, so I inferred that based on your ironical programming.

Post the current programming, and also clearly list each of the switch inputs by name and function and position.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Fallback OFF
    If ATT_3 OPEN Then ON
    If ATT_4 CLOSED Then OFF
    If ALD_1 CLOSED Then OFF

When 4 goes open the pump comes on I want the pump to stay off until sw itch 3 goes open

Frequent Visitor
    Based on your programming the only thing that will turn it on is ATT_3 going open. Check to make sure the wiring is correct as a break in the wire will look like an open circuit. This is why many people would invert ATT_3 and have it open when closed. That way a broken wire doesn't turn anything on by mistake.

Also make,sure you have the floats connected to the correct switch correctly and don't mistakenly have 4 plugged into the connection meant for 3

New User
    So I validated switch 3 is the low switch and switch 4 is the high when I pull 3 from the water it goes open when I put it back it goes closed.
    I did the same with switch 4 and it opened and closed. When 3 goes open and 4 is open the pump runs if 3 is closed and 4 goes open the pump runs.
    This does not make since like you said there is nothing telling switch 4 to turn on the pump

Which switch is the low one and which is the high one? And tell us the state of both switches when the float is low.

New User
    Switch 3 is low switch 4 is high there is no floats

- - - Updated - - -

If either switch is under water they are closed. If they are not they are open.
    Tested both and they are in correct order and working