Thread: 1" flow sensor couplers

Frequent Visitor

1" flow sensor couplers

Where can we get the couplers for the 1" flow monitor? I got the 1/2" from flex pvc but failed to find anything SBPP to slip...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NSI Member
    Neptune sells them, but with shipping they are quite expensive. If you have the ones that came with it and just need to change the slip side, you can buy a normal union and just use the slip part of it. From the original, keep the ring that screws the union together. Jut take the slip piece that the ring fit around.

When done you'll have the original side connected to the sensor, and the slip side using the original ring the screws the two haves together and the new union's slip side.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks, I think I'm gonna order a second one so I can let my new plumbing cure for a bit before I put it in place then salvage the existing one as you suggested. Thank you for the quick and solid response!

NSI Member
    Here's the link to get them from Neptune.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/produ...cement-unions/

$9.95 + $15 shipping + tax

Frequent Visitor
    Nice! Thanks again.

$9.95 + $15 shipping
    Don't you love it when the shipping costs more than the actual item?!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    So if you wanted two spare unions you are looking at $36 shipped. At that point you might as well just buy the whole FS-100 from BRS with free shipping at $60. Silly. But this was always the issue with using the BSPT type that are not locally available at Lowes or HD.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    $9.95 + $15 shipping
    Don't you love it when the shipping costs more than the actual item?!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholb View Post
    Neptune sells them, but with shipping they are quite expensive. If you have the ones that came with it and just need to change the slip side, you can buy a normal union and just use the slip part of it. From the original, keep the ring that screws the union together. Jut take the slip piece that the ring fit around.

When done you'll have the original side connected to the sensor, and the slip side using the original ring the screws the two haves together and the new union's slip side.
    You have to experiment though. Not all the non slip pieces from normal unions fit. The white ones I buy from HD, for example, do not.

Regular Vistor
    Kelly Supply has all kinds of PCV fittings and I was able to get BSP thread PVC Elbows to save me room in what is a very tight area in my stand. kscdirect.com

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    You have to experiment though. Not all the non slip pieces from normal unions fit. The white ones I buy from HD, for example, do not.
    True. I'm using the white ones from Menard's.

20170723_171449.jpg

Frequent Visitor
    For those that find this thread and don't live near a Menard's the manufacturer of the slip fitting pictured above is NDS and the part number is WU-1000-S for Sch 40. They do make a sch 80, PN U-1000-S. These are both slip/slip. For threaded change the "S" to a "T" at the end of the PN. The 2" should work as well, change the "1" to a "2".
    https://www.amazon.com/WU-1000-S-1-I.../dp/B000H5WUQU

It also looks like Ace hardware carries these under the "King" brand name but the part numbers are the same.
    http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...uctId=29839616

I'm going to see if the one Ace carries will work in a bit.