Thread: Return Pump off when Optical sensor reached

New User

Return Pump off when Optical sensor reached

Hello everyone! I am new to Apex and was curious to see if it was possible to have the return pump turned off when the top optical sensor on my ATK was reached? If so, how do I program it to do that? Thanks for your help in advance.

New User
    Would this be correct? Under my return pump programming:

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If FeedA 005 Then OFF
    If Swx3_2 OPEN Then OFF

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonvice View Post
    Would this be correct? Under my return pump programming:

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If FeedA 005 Then OFF
    If Swx3_2 OPEN Then OFF
    You will need to change the programming for the switch to:
    If Swx3_2 CLOSED then OFF

Closed = Covered or under water
    OPEN = Not Covered or above water

The way you have it the return pump would not turn ON and always be OFF.
    Jon

New User
    Awesome thanks. I appreciate the help. Mostly just playing around with programming. I am not going to run it this way.

New User
    I may hate Apex programmers and supposed educational videos and manuals more than any person has ever hated another thing in the history of the universe. (ok, maybe this is extreme, but i posted this after a lot of frustration)
    I just want my system to WORK. Every single step of my setup has not gone the way the manual or the YouTube videos said it would. I believe the process of installing this sytem has cost me years of my life, but I love the possibility of what it may do for me if it actually were to work.
    The latest is that I would like to program my skimmer pump to shut off when the skimmate hits the edge of the overflow bucket. You know how skimmers can be. Sometimes they go nuts. Mine has a drainage tube going to a 3 gallon bucket. Most of the time, it has a little at the bottom that I clean out every now and then. If I go on away for a weekend, I can count on the skimmer to recognize I'm gone and dump gallons out all at once. I just want the moisture detector to turn off the skimmer when it gets to the top of the bucket.
    Should be easy.
    I named my skimmer output "Skimmer."
    I put the line:
    If SWX3_1 CLOSED THEN OFF in the Skimmer progam. You'd think that would do it.
    Nope.
    So, I added a virtual output called Skim_Full. I told it to turn ON when the moisture detector SXW3_1 closed, then I added the line:
    If Output Skim_Full = ON then OFF.
    I dampened the moisture detector, the Skim_Full output turned on, but the Skimmer pump merrily stayed on.
    I thought, maybe all those other seemingly pointless programming lines, like the FeedA command, need to be there for some reason. So here's how the command lines actually look:
    Fallback OFF
    Set ON
    If FeedA 005 Then OFF
    If Output Skim_Full = ON Then OFF

This does not turn off my skimmer pump when the moisture detector trips.
    Grrrrr!
    Any help from the assembled brain trust would be most appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Addendum: I figured it out. The Skimmer has to be set to AUTO, not ON. Makes sense. Would have been nice for it to be spelled out though, I have found my frustration with Apex have been related to one or two little facts being left out of most instructional material, with the missing but critical piece becoming evident after a lot of searching or just figuring it out myself.