Thread: Chrome and Add Covers Issue

Regular Vistor

Chrome and Add Covers Issue

Several weeks ago I noticed that everytime I open Apex Fusion on my desktop computer I have Covers on. My desktop does not have a touch screen monitor or anything like that. My default browser is Chrome. Today I thought I'd try IE to see if I still get the Covers on IE. Nope, the covers do not show up when accessing Fusion through IE.

I guess my question is, has anyone experienced this and have found a setting that is falsely identifying the computer as a touch screen device in Chrome? It's nothing major just an annoyance.

Someone else just mentioned this happening to him yesterday. I do not see what you describe in Chrome on Windows 10 (I just installed a new version of Chrome a few days ago)

What version of Chrome?
    What operating system and version?
    What is the computer model?
    What is the monitor model?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    What version of Chrome? 61.0.3163.79
    What operating system and version? Windows 10 1703
    What is the computer model? Built it myself
    What is the monitor model? LG Ultrawide 34UM67

The only thing I've added to my system recently is an Oculus Rift VR system. However, its not touchscreen either.

In Fusion, click on your username, select Settings, then Display. What the the setting for Add Covers?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Its on "On TouchScreen Devices"

Regular Vistor
    Looks like I've found the culprit. The Oculus Rift VR system apparently makes the computer think its a touch screen device. I recently moved my computer to a bigger room in the house to show friends and give the family some time with it. Now that I've finished I've brought my computer back into my office. I haven't connected the rift back yet and now I no longer have the covers on.

Frequent Visitor
    I had a similar issue with the covers in chrome. I was not able to move the covers using the mouse but then I realized the laptop I was using has a touch screen - issue resolved by turning off add covers.