Thread: Flow Not Logging on Graph

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar

Flow Not Logging on Graph

Below is a pic of my flow graph from a FS-25 that is connected to my ATK just upstream from the siphon break. The pmup in my case is 100' away an I get a flow from it of about 3 GPH when the ATO kicks on. All had been going well as far as I can tell until I started analyzing some data on the graphs and it doesn't appear the graph corresponds to the output. ATO_LEAK is just a VO I created to tell me if there is flow going through the FS-25 if the ATO_VO is off. IOW if somehow the pmup got stuck on or a siphon started etc...

ATO_VO is the outlet that comes on when the low sensor on the ATK opens and is programmed to turn on the PMUP out in the garage. In fact I can manually turn the ATO_VO on right now and see the FS-25 read around 3 GPH on the display tile, but not register in the graph in Local or Fusion.

Capture1.PNG
    Output log showing ATO_VO "ON" filling the sump with RODI flowing through the FS-25 giving me a reading of about 3 GPH.

Capture.PNG
    Capture3.PNG

Data not being logged. I can also tell you that my ATK_VO turns on far more than what I'm seeing here. Also what is interesting is that if you select the data points on the graph where 0 flow starts and ends they are separated by about 20 minutes. The actual Flow time is only about 2 minutes or so.
    What am I missing?
    Chad

I do not see anything wrong. Input data (i.e. for probes and flow sensors) is logged at a fixed interval (configured with the Datalog Interval setting on the Misc page). That interval is 10 minutes by default, so input data will be logged precisely at 0:00, 0:10, 0:20, and so on. If your ATO comes on at, for example, 15:03 and runs for 2 min, there will be data points for 15:00 and 15:10.

The seeming duration of 20 minutes you mention is due to data summarization; the larger time period being viewed, the greater the amount of summarization, and the factor of the lines connecting the data points giving the appearance of a sorta ramp up and ramp down, when in actuality there is probably just a single non-zero datapoint; that spike at noon on Sep 9 probably did not last 20 minutes... if you zoom in as close as you can on that spike at noon, you'll probably see 0 at 11:50, 2.something at 12:00, and 0 again at 12:10. This is assuming your datalog interval is set at the default of 10 minutes.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    I guess what I'm seeing then is not going to be points on the graph like the DOS does correct? I have been turning on and off the ATO now for the last 20 min or so and I don't see anything on the graph in Apex local/fusion. I do see the rate reported at a wimpy 2.8 GPH (I'm working on fixing that by going under the house shortly) instantaneously on the tile, but nothing reported on the graph. I thought possibly my GPH being so low was the issue. I had to read your post a couple times as it's chuck full of info. lol

updated:found a leak in my plumbing while I was under the house fixing line for more ATO flow. Thank you FS-25. Removed 10 ft of line and a couple elbows and now have a whopping 4.6 GPH.
    Chad