Thread: Program lighting for weekend viewing

New User

Program lighting for weekend viewing

Hi guys. Recently installed a new Ecotech G4 Pro to my system using the wxm module. Everything is working great. Currently my lights come on at 12:30pm and ramp down to 10:30pm everyday. I'd like to have my lights come on earlier, just on the weekends. Maybe around 10:00am Sat and Sun. Would I need to set up a virtual outlet for weekends? I'm confused on how to go about this. Thx

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Yes, it would be a little messy depending on how many changes in lighting you wanted. How did you want the schedule to look during the day? For example, do you want the lights to just come on at a set intensity during the day from time x to time y or do you want ramp ups and downs etc.

The only way I can think to do it would be to create a Radion Profile for each type of lighting you want. Then create a virtual outlet that corresponds to each type of light intensity/spectrum. In each of your virtual outlets you will need an "If Time then ON" statement as well as a DoW statement telling the virtual outlet to only be on Sat/Sun. Make sure the DoW statement is the last line so it will be executed and not the time statement until it is Sat/Sun.

In the Radion virtual outlets that you put intensity/light spectrum, you will need to put "If output "virtual outlet name" = ON then "Radion Profile" in the advanced programming window. Now when each of those outlets turn on at the time spans you specify on Sat/Sun your Radions will execute the profiles you set up. You may have to play a bit with the times and intensities to get a smooth transition. Something I haven't played with much as I use the wizard, but if you want a smoother transition you could create more profiles or make the spectrums more similar to each other.

Also, depending on how you have your Radions powered, some use EB8's etc and some leave em plugged in all the time, you will need programming for power at those times if applicable.

Let me know if you need more help with additional steps.
    Chad