Thread: DOS AWC Not Functioning Properly?

Tommy

DOS AWC Not Functioning Properly?

I have been using the DOS for AWC for awhile with little trouble until recently. I use the below code to have the AWC only run on certain days as I try to do a 4 gallon WC a couple days of the week dependent on when I get my 5 gallon supply and waste bucket changed out. For example I expect the below program to run on Wednesday. Then Thursday or Friday I will change out the buckets and change the DoW code to Saturday. Until recent this method was working OK. Recently the DOS is not running at all but when I check the DOS logs it shows it running the day before but no water was exchanged. For example, today (Wed) the DOS Output is set to Auto and it says ON but nothing is running and the outputs for Add and Remove are set to Auto but state there are off. But yesterday they stated TBL and the the logs show it ran every hour even thought the DOS output was indicating off and was program not to run until Wednesday and no water was exchanged.

Any Ideas?

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If DoW ---W--- Then ON
    If Output PumpMain_3_3 = OFF Then OFF
    If Swx21_1 CLOSED Then OFF

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    How do you have the DOS connected to your system? Is it via power supply and aquabus or a 1Link? Are you seeing the DOS physically run on the times that it is programmed to do so?
    Chad

Tommy
    It is hooked up via power supply and aquabus. I was able to get it to function by setting the DOS output to On instead of Auto and the DOS Remove and DOS Add outputs were still set to Auto. I want to have the ability to set the DOS output to auto so I can have the ability to shut it off if the leak detection detects water, which has happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    It is hooked up via power supply and aquabus. I was able to get it to function by setting the DOS output to On instead of Auto and the DOS Remove and DOS Add outputs were still set to Auto. I want to have the ability to set the DOS output to auto so I can have the ability to shut it off if the leak detection detects water, which has happened before.
    So I'm trying to follow your terminology here. When you say the remove/add outputs, are you simply talking about the two virtual outlets that are created when you hook the dose up? I assume you are using one head for remove and one head for add and the above programming comes from an eb8/832 etc you have the dose power supply plugged into?

Simplest would first to make sure the DOS has power by checking the power supply connection to the DOS.
    Chad

Tommy
    Yes, the remove/add outputs are the two virtual outlets that have been created. One is named DOS_ADD and the other is named DOS_REMOVE. Yes, I am removing with one head and adding with the other and the advanced programming is done on the outlet for the physical plug in on the eb8 named DOS_3_2. The DOS will perform the water change if DOS_3_2 is set to ON, but it will not work if I set it to Auto. I would like to have the ability to set it to auto so in the case I have a water leak the leak detection (If Swx21_1 CLOSED Then OFF) referenced in the programming will shut it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    ...the advanced programming is done on the outlet for the physical plug in on the eb8 named DOS_3_2. The DOS will perform the water change if DOS_3_2 is set to ON
    Do not do this; the DŌS should have power all the time - the DŌS power supply should not be plugged into an EnergyBar outlet; it's best to plug it into some other outlet - a wall outlet or always-on power strip. If you must have the DŌS PS plugged into an EnergyBar outlet, that EB outlet should be programmed to be always ON:

Fallback ON
    Set ON

All programming for the DŌS should be done in the DŌS pump outputs.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Tommy
    Thanks for the info. Do you have any recommendations on how to automatically turn it off if water is detected using the ALD or this just not possible with the dos?

In the advanced programming section (Basic View) of the DOS you can place the statement:

If (switch name) closed then off
    Chad

Tommy
    Thanks everyone. You guys straightened me out. I had previously set the advance statements on the ADD and remove outputs and completely forgot this option was there, that I just had to click on the configuration button... DUH!!! I have added the statement I needed for the leak detection to the add/remove outputs. Thanks again for the help...