Thread: ATK Sensor failure

New User

ATK Sensor failure

My new ATK has been installed running and for 2 weeks and the high level sensor (#2) has failed and stopped functioning. I confirmed this by turning off all the pumps so the water level was high and the sensor remained open. I then switched sensors 1 and 2 in the FMM and the open sensor moved to the other port ( they should both have been closed). As this is a brand new tank there are no livestock of any kind ( tank still cycling). I even cleaned off the sensor and still no luck. I guess it is now time to see how good customer support is.

Update:
    After taking the low water sensor out of my ATO container and replacing the #2 sensor with it, it is now working again. Now all i need to do is talk to a person to send me a replacement sensor.

Regular Vistor
    do u have both sensors in the sump to me it reads one in the sump one in the top off bucket

also may have the sensor dirty some of my optical sensors i have to use vinegar on to clean

In addition to getting a replacement without charge from Neptune, I would also buy a couple of spares from BRS or similar. Lots of people, including myself, have had these sensors fail very prematurely. Still, they're cool looking, so there's that.

New User
    i will end up buying at least 1 or 2 spares. it is sad that it only lasted 2 weeks. The customer support has been awesome though. i sent in a ticket and did not expect to here back from anyone till Monday, but i have been emailing back and forth with them since last night. I know nothing will ship till Monday, but the fact that they responded late Saturday night is awesome!! A+++ for the customer support team!