Hello fellow control freaks,

I wanted some advice on how much should I be dosing my 40G IM. I'm currently using Aqua Forest Calcium/ Magnesium and Alkalinity. I have a mixed reef mostly LPS, zoathids SPS and 5 clams. First time trying dosing a tank so I'm no expert. I've been hitting the books and doing my research but I wanted some feedback from community. In the past I relied on water changes to help keep my tank in check. I never looked into what the benefits of dosing would do for me. I know now that replacing trace elements is key to a thriving system, don't guide me I'm still along way from here I wanna be in the hobby.

Dosing always seemed to advice for my level of reefing. Ever since I got my Apex system it just seems like a whole new world has opened up for me. With the announcement of the Trident on the way I want to get more familiar with how my system works. I'm excited to think about how much easier it will be to monitor my parameters all on my Apex. Unfortunately, until the Trident is released though I need to understand I should be dosing?

I've been playing with the DŌS settings and realized 10 mls was just to much for my acans and zoathids. I have the DŌS set to match my light cycle Calcium doses 5mls from 7am to 10pm. Alkalinity starts 5 mins after 10 pm and turns off 5 mins before 7 am to off set the schedule. I know having a mixed tank has its challenges, and there's no straightforward answer. I was just hoping for a guide or maybe some link to a site or any recommendations any of you might have in case I'm going about this all wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk