Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Firmware update

Frequent Visitor

Latest Firmware update

I see the latest firmware update is available again after being pulled a couple days ago. Just curious to hear from some folks who have completed the most recent firmware. I'm a little nervous after it had been pulled.

Frequent Visitor
    I upgraded a few days ago then they pulled it new firmware came out and bricked my controller. Right before my trip. Good thing I was local to drive to them to get a instant RMA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm going to wait a few days, maybe a week, before doing the firmware update. Being extra cautious, definitely. Feel like I dodged a bullet, not doing that last update right away. Everything about my Apex (and in my tank) is working perfectly right now. Perfectly. I would just be really upset if that got messed up for no good reason. And I'm not sure there's anything in this update that I need urgently. (Bug fixes of course are always welcome.) It would be nice to see a change log detailing exactly what this update includes, so we can make an informed decision about whether it's worthwhile. (Yes, I'm the kind of guy who stopped allowing his iPhone to update itself after one introduced 'features' I didn't want.)

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    It would be nice to see a change log detailing exactly what this update includes, so we can make an informed decision about whether it's worthwhile.
    Here is what is in the new AOS for Apex (2016) (change log)
    https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...-now-available
    Jon

The first version that was pulled was 5.03_9C17 and this latest one is 5.03_9D17. I loaded the latest yesterday morning and it loaded fine and has been running but I honestly haven't exercised it much yet. So for what it's worth so far so good on this latest one for me.

I've been running 9D17 for a few days without issues.

New User
    Bricked mine too... just called support and he said if the led on the controller is purple, the unit is bricked..
    he asked me to fill out the form for an RMA.
    Are they going to send me the replacement in advance??? This is crazy!

Frequent Visitor
    Foozed, when did you update?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by shaywood View Post
    Foozed, when did you update?
    45 min ago.

Frequent Visitor
    Gave it a try. Upgrade seems fine.

New User
    Hi All,
    I just updated the latest firmware.
    Now I tried to reset the unit.

And login to the Apex.Local with Username: admin and Password: 1234.
    It gave me this message

APEX.png

Please help.

Are you sure you had not changed the Local username and/or password?

Is the Apex communicating with Apex Fusion? If so, sign into Apex Local with your Fusion credentials. Then go to the network page, Advanced tab, then select Admin Login from the Type menu. Review the current Local username and password.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shaywood View Post
    Gave it a try. Upgrade seems fine.

I'll probably apply it tomorrow. Definitely not on a Sunday, in case I need to contact tech support.

Frequent Visitor
    I did the update and it killed my connectivity. Seems to still be controlling the tank, just can't get to it through Fusion or local. I opened a ticket with support, hopefully they will contact me tomorrow.

OK well I finally got up the nerve to apply this update today (after backing up absolutely everything, plus multiple screenshots). Happy to report that the update itself went smoothly, with everything functional including Fusion connection on completion.

I did experience one definite software glitch very shortly after the update finished. I think others have experienced something like this too, from what I've read. I got this base_email alarm:

Statement: If ORP2 > 390 Then ON (361)

Now, this statement is impossible with a properly functioning Apex. The actual ORP reading had not changed from before the update. So I deleted this line of code, updated, waited a few minutes while looking at other stuff on the dashboard, and then put the line back. So far, the alarm state has not recurred.

Also, just after the update, I noticed that the display on the display screen was slightly glitched, with some partial numerical data where there shouldn't be any. Fortunately, this cleared easily by switching to the next page and then back.

Those are the only two anomalous experiences I've had with this update, so far.

New User
    I just did this update last night before going to bed. Everything working fine, and the Apex said it had updated. A few minutes later, it began resetting itself about every 5 minutes or so. I’ve done everything I can to try to trouble shoot it, but now I have completely lost connection to Fusion. I tried unplugging the whole thing and now it has a flashing blue light. I opened up a ticket with support, but completely dumbfounded as to what exactly happened. I’ve literally been up since midnight trying to figure it out. Any suggestions?

Regular Vistor
    I have been running the update several days now without issues. From 5.02 5A17 to 5.03 9D17 and it was downloaded fast.

Regular Vistor
    I'm waiting a month before updating...too much at stake!! Everything is working perfectly!!

New User
    Can you do this update over wifi or does it have to be plugged into the router? If it HAS to be plugged into the router can I just use a 12v power supply power the head unit? Has anyone donate update over wifi yet? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EGregory View Post
    Can you do this update over wifi or does it have to be plugged into the router?
    Yes, you can do an AOS update to an Apex (2016) over Wi-Fi. The prohibition against using Wi-Fi for a firmware update applies only to Apex Classic models.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thank you Russ.

Frequent Visitor
    Any other updates done without issues? Want to do it this weekend but have no time thereafter to mess with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I updated my 2016 two days ago and had no issues with the installation or with any operations since then.

Regular Vistor
    I upgraded 2016 model today via wifi and apex fusion. Worked flawlessly.

Sent from my SM-T817R4 using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    3 week check-in. All good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast