Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest Firmware update

New User
    Hi all, im new with the Apex , but today i run new update and have some problems with calibration .. when i login by wifi from Mac Safari to apex.local , and want calibrate the PH it not work.. first Ph7 goes ok maybe after 10minutes.. , but next ph 10 stuck and nothing.. what to do ?

Restart Apex ? and try one more ? or what ?

One more thing , the connection between Apex and Mac is soo slow.. i dont understand why ? any suggestion ?
    Snímek obrazovky 2017-10-16 v*17.49.20.png

Click the advanced tab and try Manual calibration instead of automatic.

New User
    thx , work it..

But how to properly calibrate the Conductivity ? i have first brand new probe..

1 - New probe put in aquarium for some time /half day
    2 - then rinse the probe by RO/DI and dry with paper towel
    3 - start auto calibration
    4 - Calibrate without 53mS solution
    5 - Calibrate with 53mS solution
    6 - done ?

this is correct follow or something bad ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steedy View Post
    thx , work it..

But how to properly calibrate the Conductivity ? i have first brand new probe..

1 - New probe put in aquarium for some time /half day
    2 - then rinse the probe by RO/DI and dry with paper towel
    3 - start auto calibration
    4 - Calibrate without 53mS solution
    5 - Calibrate with 53mS solution
    6 - done ?

this is correct follow or something bad ?
    Close, but you missed one step. Float the calibration packet in your tank water and if possible get the tank as close as safely possible to 77F on the very first attempt. When you calibrate in the solution, the packet should be clipped into the tank to maintain temp while calibrating.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Close, but you missed one step. Float the calibration packet in your tank water and if possible get the tank as close as safely possible to 77F on the very first attempt. When you calibrate in the solution, the packet should be clipped into the tank to maintain temp while calibrating.

Thank you !! maybe one more ask , why must be new conductivity probe place first to the aquarium soak, then dry , calibrate etc.. why not calibrate brand new never soaked probe ?

From the research I have done, it's basically to create a thin film over the contacts that slightly adjusts the conductivity reading. There is debate over how long is really required, but the testing I have done personally showed a large effect over about two hours that tapered off to a neglegable change after 18 hours (the first 2 hours changed 1ppt, the next 8 changed 0.4ppt, and the last 8 hours only changed 0.2 ppt). Soaking forces these changes to occur before you calibrate so it doesn't change after.

New User
    ok thank you for yours advice.. probe is already in tank.. tomorrow will be calibrating.. so we will se how goes..

Is there any option how can i get the European meassurements ? like Wats instead of Amps .. etc ?

ok thank you for yours advice.. probe is already in tank.. tomorrow will be calibrating.. so we will se how goes..

Is there any option how can i get the European meassurements ? like Wats instead of Amps .. etc ?
    Watts and Amps are the same units of measurement regardless of location in the world. Both watts and amps are available for each outlet individually in the EB832. If using an EB6, only total amps for the energy bar as a whole are available, which cannot be converted to watts without knowing the voltage and power factor angle as well.

New User
    But i have EB6 not a EB832.. there is no option to switch or show the Wats.. or if the 0,2amps is 200Wats then Ok..

But i have EB6 not a EB832.. there is no option to switch or show the Wats.. or if the 0,2amps is 200Wats then Ok..
    You can estimate roughly but cannot directly convert amps to watts.

The amount of watts is somewhere between 0.8 to 1 times the current in amps times the voltage in volts. Whether it is closer to 1 or closer to 0.8 depends on how much of that load is motors/pumps and ballasts vs lights and heating. The wall voltage is also not constant and can vary from 220 to 260 throughout the day.

For simplicity, 1A will be somewhere between 176W and 260W but is most likely between 200W and 220W.

Whenever they can finalize their EB632 those features will be built in just like the EB832. Nobody knows when that will be available, we just know that Neptune ran into unspecified problems that are delaying it's release.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12